Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Caring and Owning Horses
 Horse Appraisal and Conformation
 Gwens Island
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

giddyupmorgan
Trainer

846 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  04:37:22 AM  Show Profile Send giddyupmorgan a Private Message
This is Gwens Island aka Flip Flop. Reg TB foaled 5/19/02 by Bowler's Wharf out of Hug and Twist by Twist the Axe.
Close to 14hh.

Keeping The Kids In a Saddle and Out of Trouble
Giddyup
"Holy Moly I'll Buy What They're Selling" LJD (Get A Little Mud On The Tires)

Morgan's riding log

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  08:32:34 AM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message
You are either VERY tall, Flip Flop very young, or the picture is playing tricks on me because that is a short TB. LOL. Flip Flop seems very nicely put together, however, with a very nice hip and balanced neck and shoulder.

Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  08:38:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
lol....'02 would make Flip Flop a 4 year old, appygirl! hehehehehe And "close to 14hh" is another clue. rofl <just teasing you>

Lovely horse, nice size for junior riders! Nice neck, and head, cute all over!

-Saddletramp

"She never moved the stars from their courses,
but she loved a good man and she rode good horses"
Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  09:50:19 AM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message
Yes, ST, you've confirmed that it IS time for me to have my glasses changed! lol

Appygirl

The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,

Go to Top of Page

giddyupmorgan
Trainer

846 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  10:25:21 AM  Show Profile Send giddyupmorgan a Private Message
appygirl, she is small for a TB. Her mother had a what some people called a stroke before she was born.
Her growth was stunted(sp) and and was very small at birth. Breeder just put her out to pasture (or I should say swamp) with very little care. The lady that gives Morgan lessons went and got her and gave her to us. Took 4 people to load her and 3 of us to get her in the barn when she got here 1/01/04. Don't be fooled by the (gave her to us) free-don't come cheap. She had abcesses in both rears in June of that year and about $1400 in vet bills real quick.

Giddyup

Morgan's riding log
Go to Top of Page

fracturedbones
Clinician

3424 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  1:17:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit fracturedbones's Homepage Send fracturedbones a Private Message
Great color....just my size. Interesting, she is small for a TB . Bet she rides nice.
Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  2:23:10 PM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message
I'm glad she's come to live with you, Morgan; it is quite evident the wonderful care she is getting. Does she have the lip tattoo? I'm not familiar with her lines. She's a beautiful horse, regardless of her size. Does she have a TB temperment?

Thoroughbreds here in KY are HUGE!

Appygirl

The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,

Go to Top of Page

giddyupmorgan
Trainer

846 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2006 :  11:35:20 PM  Show Profile Send giddyupmorgan a Private Message
She doesn't have a tattoo. I don't think the breeder cared much for her because she was so small and they knew she would never be the race horse they bred for.
This is a laid back/ easy going pony. All day Sunday during the show (COLD AND WINDY)I only saw her spook once when she saw the most colorful cooler I have ever seen flapping in wind. Morgan was at the end of the ring turning to make the last 2 jumps and she just ducked out a little then quickly got back to work.

Giddyup

Morgan's riding log
Go to Top of Page

giddyupmorgan
Trainer

846 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  03:54:21 AM  Show Profile Send giddyupmorgan a Private Message
This was about 12months ago

This was about 6months ago

I can't believe how grey she is getting.

Giddyup

Morgan's riding log
Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2006 :  08:39:31 AM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message
I think she's gorgeous. She'll get silvery grey before it's all said and done. Definitely a keeper. TB's around here are Krazy! lol

Appygirl

The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000