Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussions
 Trails
 Shy first foray into city traffic
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rick Byers
Trainer

USA
545 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  11:47:38 PM  Show Profile Send Rick Byers a Private Message
Out where we board our horses is the very edge of town. Were are on a county road that leads to city streets and it is very busy with cars and trucks and Ag equipment. Yesterday Carol and I decided to ride on the county rode it is about a mile in duration. She saddled up T and I saddled up Sky and we went for a ride down the county road to the edge of town. We were passed by Speeding Cars, Pickup trucks, a couple of very noisy farm tractors, and some very loud barking dogs. Sky shied at the dogs a little then continued on never a problem with any of the motorized stuff. We had a blast. Sky is coming along so good people at the barn are bugging me to enter her in an up coming western pleasure show. But I am not sure she is ready.

Sassy the 15 year old Arab thinks she is hot stuff, Loving memory of India Diamond the 23 year old Arab . Sky the 15 old TWH knows she is pretty and flaunts it all the time. Sarphina has finally adjusted to all the Diva's. Color Me Fancy the coming 3 year old is trying to become lead Diva.

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  08:59:32 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
Congrats Rick! Traffic safe horses are hard to find!

Go ahead & enter her in the WP show! It'd be good training/practice for both of you and she just might surprise you again.

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

ttyndale
Trainer

USA
744 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  11:36:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit ttyndale's Homepage Send ttyndale a Private Message
You really have to have a lot of confidence in yourself and also your horse in my opinion to ride in traffic like that. It can be very nerve racking to say the least. I use to ride near a rode where the speed limit was 50 miles hr and it always made me kind of nervous. It was only for a short span too. Not for a mile. Wow! Good job!

Edited by - ttyndale on 02/20/2006 11:36:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

fracturedbones
Clinician

3424 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  12:46:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit fracturedbones's Homepage Send fracturedbones a Private Message
Agree, Sky doing great. Wonder if her confidence comes from her rider?? You strike me as being very mellow, must be rubbing off on Sky.
Go to Top of Page

FLOOPER
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  2:26:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit FLOOPER's Homepage Send FLOOPER a Private Message
You've got that horse doing great, Rick. Way to go. Now get her in a show!!!

Flooper

"I'm a man. I can change. If I have to. I guess."
The Man's Prayer from the Red Green Show
Go to Top of Page

giddyupmorgan
Trainer

846 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  5:29:19 PM  Show Profile Send giddyupmorgan a Private Message
Sounds like you're having a big time Rick. Do you want me to sign you up for this years 4th of July Ruritans parade?

Keeping The Kids In a Saddle and Out of Trouble
Giddyup
"Holy Moly I'll Buy What They're Selling" LJD (Get A Little Mud On The Tires)

Morgan's riding log
Go to Top of Page

Horsecrazygirl
Clinician

USA
2132 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  7:49:35 PM  Show Profile Send Horsecrazygirl a Private Message
CONGRATS! Sounded like fun!
You would do great in those trail classes or Parades!

"In the steady gaze of the horse shines a silent eloquence that speaks of love and loyalty, strength and courage. It is the window that reveals to us how willing is his spirit, how generous his heart."

"The horse, gives you the freedom from all life's challenges." H.Z.

Go to Top of Page

Rick Byers
Trainer

USA
545 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  11:42:36 PM  Show Profile Send Rick Byers a Private Message
Thanks for the congrats. I am pretty mello and laid back. So is Sky she doesn't seem to get upset over anything.
Giddyup: If I could afford a trip to Virginia with the horses I would gladly accept your invite but things are a little tight right now. Talked to Fuzzy tonight he said you guys got more snow this week. Was 30f this morning then 63f in the afternoon today. Rick

Sassy the 15 year old Arab thinks she is hot stuff, Loving memory of India Diamond the 23 year old Arab . Sky the 15 old TWH knows she is pretty and flaunts it all the time. Sarphina has finally adjusted to all the Diva's. Color Me Fancy the coming 3 year old is trying to become lead Diva.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000