Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussions
 Saddle Shop Corral
 I'm Ba-aack!!!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  3:23:17 PM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message
The OT is finally over and our grant has been mailed off. I worked 20 hours straight on Tuesday.....Shew.......Hopefully, we'll get all of our funding and the office will have money for the next 5 years.

What have I missed? Can you give me a synopsis on what has been going on these past few weeks in my absence (it'll save me a whole lot of time reading old posts!) lol......Glad to be back; I've really missed you guys!

I've made my reservations for 9 days of riding at Brown County June 2 - 11. Can't wait for that.

Have you made plans for the upcoming riding season?

How's everyone doing and their families (both 2 legged and 4 legged)?

Appygirl

Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

Budman
Advanced Rider

USA
230 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  5:32:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Budman's Homepage Send Budman a Private Message
Appy - I've wondered where you were but I was afraid to ask!!

Welcome back, glad the OT is over. Willie and I are fine, just waiting for warmer weather to ride.

Budman
Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  7:20:53 PM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message
Budman,

Thankfully everything is going fine for me. Just had several weeks of OT (working from 7:00am until 8:00-9:00 pm.......this past Tuesday I worked from 7:00am until 3:00am) Now that was a very long day!

I'm ever so ready to spend some time in the saddle. The next warm weather we have will find me at Taylorsville Lake!

Appygirl

Appygirl

The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,

Go to Top of Page

tagnrocky
Clinician

USA
1776 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  9:49:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit tagnrocky's Homepage Send tagnrocky a Private Message
Welcome back to the forum. I think I joined while you were working all that overtime, but according to Red Hawk, we have something in common. I have a few spot Appy too (well actually he's a roaned out snowcap,or a varnish roan per a different post). Nice to meet you! I'd love to see a picture of your Appy!
Regards,

Nancy (and Tag & Rocky)
Free & easy down the trail I go......

Edited by - tagnrocky on 02/18/2006 9:57:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

Termite
Advanced Rider

369 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  10:30:47 PM  Show Profile Send Termite a Private Message
Appygirl

Glad to see you back and the new job is working out for you. Know what those long hours are like, back in the middle 60's I put in a few 72 hour days.

Termite
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  11:04:08 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
I was hoping it was the overtime that was keeping you away from DE. I'm glad you hours will be more civilized and fingers are crossed that the grant money will come through. When will you know?

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  07:12:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message
Welcome Back. Ther have Been some other Appy folks join since you have been busy.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  08:06:05 AM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message
My fannie was definitely whipped after that 20-hour day, Termite. The OT helped because it allowed me to get caught up on some of the things that fell behind when I was unemployed; it also gave me some comp time for my vacation this summer.

I will be back into DE in 'fine fashion' now, PG; seems like the bulk of the work is done on getting the grant and then any other supplmental grants that pop up later in the year. The times in between those will be quite slow, which will find me surfing the net at work (and getting paid for it to boot). So, you'll see me around much more! It'll take some getting used to not being busy all of the time, but I'll adjust! lol We won't know if we've been awarded the grant money until June. But I can tell you from the amount of work that went into our 600 or so pages that everything is uniform and easy for the reviewers to read. I'm sure that it will be miles beyond what others are presenting. Our director has an eye for detail, and since he has been a grant reviewer before, he knows how to set one up correctly.

Gotta love them Appy folks, Hook ... and the Paint folks, and QH folks, and TW folks, and all of them folks who have an eye for fine horse flesh!.....can you tell I'm an equal opportunity horse lover?

Tagnrocky, welcome to the Board; it is great to have you here. The folks here are the best of the best. Since you've asked, posted below is a pic of my boy (apologies to all who have seen it a half-dozen or so times. lol)

Do you have pics of your horse(s)?

Appygirl

The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,

Go to Top of Page

tagnrocky
Clinician

USA
1776 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  10:23:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit tagnrocky's Homepage Send tagnrocky a Private Message

HI Appygirl,
That's a fine looking horse you have there! I can see a resemblence in our guys. Tag is 19 this year(gasp) and a great trail horse although he's getting a little stiff with arthritis. He will babysit any shild you put on his back!
I really like this group. Lots of people.
Regrads,

Nancy (and Tag & Rocky)
Go to Top of Page

tagnrocky
Clinician

USA
1776 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  10:54:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit tagnrocky's Homepage Send tagnrocky a Private Message

I'm still getting the hang of photobucket. This is a larger picture.

Nancy (and Tag & Rocky)
Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  11:11:17 AM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message
Nancy,

Yes there is quite a resemblence in our two guys. Hi-Grey is 13 this year. I hope he's around for a long time. Best trail horse I've owned. Do you ride often?

Appygirl

The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,

Go to Top of Page

FLOOPER
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  12:01:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit FLOOPER's Homepage Send FLOOPER a Private Message
Hey, welcome back Appygirl!! Good to hear from you again!

Flooper

"I'm a man. I can change. If I have to. I guess."
The Man's Prayer from the Red Green Show
Go to Top of Page

tagnrocky
Clinician

USA
1776 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  3:39:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit tagnrocky's Homepage Send tagnrocky a Private Message
I try to get out on the trails at our place 3 times a week in warmer weather. My goal this year is getting a trailer so we can go places. No one told my husband that the horse is the cheapest thing. First it was fencing the pasture, then stalls in the barn, then a round pen (for my other horse). Now I'm needing an arena AND a trailer! Jeez, what next? (How 'bout a truck?!?) The joys of being a cowgirl's spouse!
He's reallly pretty indulgent of me, short of getting on and riding!

Nancy (and Tag & Rocky)
Go to Top of Page

beccajane
Trainer

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  4:05:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit beccajane's Homepage Send beccajane a Private Message
Sounds like a candidate for HAA--and those are two fine looking horses! Appygirl...welcome back! Glad things are settling down for you!
Go to Top of Page

Horsecrazygirl
Clinician

USA
2132 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  8:12:04 PM  Show Profile Send Horsecrazygirl a Private Message
Welcome Back!
To me you haven't missed much at all.
:-)

"In the steady gaze of the horse shines a silent eloquence that speaks of love and loyalty, strength and courage. It is the window that reveals to us how willing is his spirit, how generous his heart."

"The horse, gives you the freedom from all life's challenges." H.Z.

Go to Top of Page

Dixiesmom
Beginning Rider

145 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  11:56:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dixiesmom's Homepage Send Dixiesmom a Private Message
Welcome back Appygirl! My life is never short on excitement....... I am not sure what you have missed on me, but they found a new tumor and I start a different chemo this Wed. I have also decided to sell Dixie due to not being able to finish her training due to my health. But you know I got my old foxtrotter Pete back right? Well he is here to stay and I have been making tons of plans to trail ride this summer. Got my new truck and trailer too. Long story short.........LOL Where is it you made plans to ride again??

Melissa

Dixie--black & white paint mare, 3yrs in April
Pete--roan missouri foxtrotter gelding, 21yrs in April
Go to Top of Page

ttyndale
Trainer

USA
744 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  11:32:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit ttyndale's Homepage Send ttyndale a Private Message
Appygirl, I am glad to hear that things are settling down for you and that things are starting to look up. Good thing you are looking ahead for the riding season. I haven't planned anything yet, butI do anticipate to be doing a lot of riding!!
Go to Top of Page

Termite
Advanced Rider

369 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  1:25:49 PM  Show Profile Send Termite a Private Message
Nancy

How long does it take you to paint the eyebrows on your horse?

Termite
Go to Top of Page

tagnrocky
Clinician

USA
1776 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  5:33:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit tagnrocky's Homepage Send tagnrocky a Private Message
Haha, rofl! You've heard of permenant eyeliner? He's got permenant eyebrows!

Nancy (and Tag & Rocky)
Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2006 :  10:59:40 AM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message
Melissa;

My prayers are with you during your new regimen of chemo. I know it was a tough decision for you regarding Dixie; I feel you made the right choice not only for you, but her as well. Pete came back into your life for this very reason, I believe.

I will be riding at Brown County State Park in Nashville, IN June 2-11. They have around 100 miles or so of trails of different levels; all nicely scenic. Their horse campground has over 200 sites, primitive and electric. On a busy week/weekend, you will find all kinds of horses there. It is a really neat experience.

Appygirl

The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000