Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussions
 General Information
 Another New Member With Pictures
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

34me
Groomer

31 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  10:05:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit 34me's Homepage Send 34me a Private Message
Hello all,I have been reading the forum for some time and have found great info. I am a very new horse owner, and as with all things i am learning the hard way. I have three horses, (forgive my improper descritions) 2 year old palomino (filly?), yearling paint horse (filly?), and 2 year old palomino gelding who has the HYPP trait, i have not had him tested for the nn/n? result. Just wanted to say hi and thank everyone for all i have learned so far...just beginning i am sure. My horses are not show horses/race horses/i consider them big pets, but do have a realization that they are big and can and have hurt me, but i am figuring that out too. all for now.

Edited by - 34me on 02/22/2006 8:12:50 PM

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  05:15:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message
HI 34me, Welcome to the forum. Lots of nice folks here, some good advice and also some fun. How long have you had your horses? Do you have some access to experienced folks in you area to help you along? Lot's of work and fun ahead with 3 two year olds to train. We ahve three two year olds that we will be starting this year as well.

Good luck and let us know your questions and progress.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  08:31:31 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
Welcome to the Board!

Sounds like you're going to be busy training your horses. Filly is the correct term, btw! A filly is a filly till she turns 4 then she's a mare.

We love pictures. HINT HINT!

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

34me
Groomer

31 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  10:13:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit 34me's Homepage Send 34me a Private Message
We have had the horses for about 1 year. My 2 year old filly had a bad leg injury over the summer (that is healed now) so we have not ridden her, just do some grooming, leading, picking up feet. I bought some books but they were a little over my head, so i bought horses for dummies (ha). We do have lots of people around who will work with us (for $$). I live in Oklahama so there are lots of horse people here, found our vet two blocks from our place, still have not found a farrier i like but am still trying.
Go to Top of Page

Parrothead
Trainer

USA
559 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  2:39:00 PM  Show Profile Send Parrothead a Private Message
Welcome 34me,
Boy do you have your work cut out for you! We will be putting a 3yr gelding under saddle this year and I sure wish the next 3 years were over with. :-)

Jill
Life is too short to ride bad horses.
Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  2:47:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
Welcome 34me!

-Saddletramp

"She never moved the stars from their courses,
but she loved a good man and she rode good horses"
Go to Top of Page

paintedbliss
Trainer

USA
618 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  4:45:08 PM  Show Profile Send paintedbliss a Private Message
welcome 34me,
you will learn alot with the crowd here. Remember to use common sense when training your horses, take it in baby steps. Sometimes a well experienced horse can be your best teacher, it also makes learning about horses fun. I am also new to horses within the last couple of years, am training a coming 2 year old filly, but recently bought a been there done that horse who is very kind and forgiving of this greenie.
Go to Top of Page

34me
Groomer

31 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  7:43:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit 34me's Homepage Send 34me a Private Message
I have learned alot here, and am looking forward to more. I had an 8 year old mare before i got the gelding, and she was too smart for me, i could not make her do anything, i think she knew she had her bluff in on me. so i "traded" her for the gelding, and he is a sweetie, really calm, and is comfortable with his place in the crowd of the two other girls. i do worry that i am not doing something or doing something i should not. i see new things they do everyday. today they are all out in the pasture pawing the ground?? not sure what that means?
Go to Top of Page

Horsecrazygirl
Clinician

USA
2132 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  8:09:07 PM  Show Profile Send Horsecrazygirl a Private Message
Howdy! Welcome to the board!
Glad to have ya here!
Your horses sound great!
Where are ya at?
I'm in N.Y.
Welcome again!

"In the steady gaze of the horse shines a silent eloquence that speaks of love and loyalty, strength and courage. It is the window that reveals to us how willing is his spirit, how generous his heart."

"The horse, gives you the freedom from all life's challenges." H.Z.

Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  8:48:48 PM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message
Welcome to the Board, 34me. It sounds like you're off to a good start. Getting your young horses used to being handled is important. There are many great knowledgeable members here who can lend you great advice on a variety of subjects. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Appygirl

Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

Go to Top of Page

34me
Groomer

31 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  11:16:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit 34me's Homepage Send 34me a Private Message
I am in Oklahoma, and will post some pictures as soon as i figure out how.
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  07:10:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message
TO POST PICTURES ON THE FORUM
· Open an account at http://photobucket.com
· Click BROWSE on the add pictures screen and upload your picture from your hard drive. This make take some time depending on the size of your picture file
· When the upload is complete right click on the third line down titled “img” then COPY. With my computer I don’t have to highlight, when I right click all of the required file info is highlighted
· Now go to your post on the forum and put the curser where you want the picture.
· Right click, PASTE and you are done.
· Good idea to use preview on forum to check size of the picture. If it is too large go back to photobucket and use the edit function to reduce the size.

Good luck.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2006 :  10:48:18 AM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message
What part of OK are you in, 34me? I have a very good friend who lives in Soper, near the TX border, and is an excellent trainer. He specializes in competitive trail and endurance horses, but is an old hand at training horses in general... very knowledgeable.

Welcome to, by the way.

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

34me
Groomer

31 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2006 :  6:30:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit 34me's Homepage Send 34me a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Red Hawk

What part of OK are you in, 34me? I have a very good friend who lives in Soper, near the TX border, and is an excellent trainer. He specializes in competitive trail and endurance horses, but is an old hand at training horses in general... very knowledgeable.

Welcome to, by the way.

I am in Bixby, OK near tulsa, or northwest OK about an hour from okc
Go to Top of Page

34me
Groomer

31 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  8:16:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit 34me's Homepage Send 34me a Private Message
ok here goes nothing....

IMG]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e45/Molliev/Callie1.jpg
Go to Top of Page

tagnrocky
Clinician

USA
1776 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  9:04:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit tagnrocky's Homepage Send tagnrocky a Private Message
Welcome 34me! Beautiful horses!

Nancy (and Tag & Rocky)
Free & easy down the trail I go......
Go to Top of Page

beccajane
Trainer

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2006 :  10:45:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit beccajane's Homepage Send beccajane a Private Message
Welcome! What beautiful horses! They are really good shape for just being babies! You have a fun summer ahead of you! My first really good horse was a nice Skipper W bred palomino gelding. I bought him as a green two year old and had him until he died at age 30 1/2 years! Now that was a GOOD horse! I am lucky enough to have found 2 nice horses to take his place. (See former topics on HAA!) Enjoy your babies!
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2006 :  05:28:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message
Nice horses. Love the colour and condition.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2006 :  08:26:32 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
Gorgeous horses!

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2006 :  08:36:49 AM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message
Beautiful and healthy horses. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Appygirl

The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,

Go to Top of Page

34me
Groomer

31 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2006 :  09:48:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit 34me's Homepage Send 34me a Private Message
Thanks, but they dont quite look like that now, they are a little dirty and have a lot heavier coat, they look like furry bears.
Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2006 :  10:51:59 AM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message
Oh, if you want to see dirty; here's a pic of Hi-Grey from last winter (looks similar this winter).

White is NOT my favorite color! lol

Appygirl

The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,

Go to Top of Page

FLOOPER
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2006 :  11:01:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit FLOOPER's Homepage Send FLOOPER a Private Message
Nice pix!! Gorgeous horses and a gorgeous place to ride. That you riding?

Flooper

"I'm a man. I can change. If I have to. I guess."
The Man's Prayer from the Red Green Show
Go to Top of Page

34me
Groomer

31 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2006 :  12:49:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit 34me's Homepage Send 34me a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by FLOOPER

Nice pix!! Gorgeous horses and a gorgeous place to ride. That you riding?

no that is my hubby on our gelding whiskey. i am recovering from rotator cuff surgery, so no riding for a few more weeks, but too muddy anyway. Gorgeous place to ride is our front yard!! We are blessed to have 16 pretty acres for our horses and our house too.
Go to Top of Page

Horsecrazygirl
Clinician

USA
2132 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2006 :  7:54:05 PM  Show Profile Send Horsecrazygirl a Private Message
Wow!
Great horses and pics!
Thanks for sharing!

"In the steady gaze of the horse shines a silent eloquence that speaks of love and loyalty, strength and courage. It is the window that reveals to us how willing is his spirit, how generous his heart."

"The horse, gives you the freedom from all life's challenges." H.Z.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000