Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussions
 Saddle Shop Corral
 Check out these little guys!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

FLOOPER
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2006 :  1:39:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit FLOOPER's Homepage Send FLOOPER a Private Message
Had to share my "babies" with you. These are the three amigos--the male pups--from my wife's latest litter of Cavalier King Charles Spaniels...they curl up on me at night while I watch TV and sleep!! I am especially proud of the one on the far left...he was the firstborn and was not breathing so I had to give him mouth-to-mouth...sorta blew him up like a balloon...but he made it and is now a fatl, happy little sausage!
Aint they cute?!

My winter lap warmers!

Flooper

"I'm a man. I can change. If I have to. I guess."
The Man's Prayer from the Red Green Show

Edited by - FLOOPER on 02/16/2006 3:38:27 PM

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2006 :  3:32:01 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
aww.. they are just too cute! Congrats, Gramps!

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

ttyndale
Trainer

USA
744 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2006 :  4:07:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit ttyndale's Homepage Send ttyndale a Private Message
Flooper, they are definitely cute! My youngest daugther absolutely adores dogs and when I show her this pic she is going to get really excited! She is 8 years old and has been bugging me about getting a dog. The wife "hates" animals and has been resistant, but if I can get Cristen to mature up a bit and do better in concentrating on her school work I may be able to "pull some strings" to get my wife to agree to getting a dog. Thanks for sharing the pics. Would you let me have one if I lived close to you??
Go to Top of Page

FLOOPER
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2006 :  4:20:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit FLOOPER's Homepage Send FLOOPER a Private Message
Sorry Troy...these are Mrs. Flooper's prides and joys...and you don't EVEN wanna know what she sells them for!!! She only has one litter every two years...and let's put it this way...they cost more than some of my horses!!! Yikes!!! Believe it or not, she has a waiting list!!

But in the meantime, I get to play with 'em!!

Flooper

Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2006 :  4:26:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
They are absolutely adorable, Flooper and Mrs!!!!

...so, does the Mrs' dog habit support YOUR horse habit??!! rofl <teasing>...but I've seen people do it, or so they say....

-Saddletramp

"She never moved the stars from their courses,
but she loved a good man and she rode good horses"
Go to Top of Page

FLOOPER
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2006 :  4:36:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit FLOOPER's Homepage Send FLOOPER a Private Message
Don't I wish Saddle!!! But unfortunatley, it mostly goes to support Mrs. Flooper's SHOPPING HABITS!! Well...and not to mention that she and her sister got some crazy notion and built a $35,000 kennel this past summer that's dang near nicer than our house !!!...which will take them a while to pay off. And do you think any of these pups (or the mom) has ever even seen the inside of this fancy-schmancy kennel? Ohhhhhh nooooooooo! They live in the house with us (not that I really mind!!) But what the heck is the sense in having a kennel if you don't keep the dogs in it?!!!

Flooper

Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2006 :  6:22:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
There are worse habits, Flooper.....

How old are the pups?

-Saddletramp

Go to Top of Page

tagnrocky
Clinician

USA
1776 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2006 :  6:26:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit tagnrocky's Homepage Send tagnrocky a Private Message
They are darling! Thanks for sharing.

Nancy (and Tag & Rocky)
Free & easy down the trail I go......
Go to Top of Page

beccajane
Trainer

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2006 :  6:46:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit beccajane's Homepage Send beccajane a Private Message
How cute are they??? There's just nothin' better than babies! Can't you just smell the puppy breath? I tried that route with Scnauzer's. It's a lot of work, but these are the rewards! Thanks for showing us.....and good luck when they go to their new homes!!
Go to Top of Page

Budman
Advanced Rider

USA
230 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2006 :  8:34:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Budman's Homepage Send Budman a Private Message
Flooper, anyway to turn that kennel into a stable or a workshop or something useful??
Go to Top of Page

FLOOPER
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2006 :  8:46:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit FLOOPER's Homepage Send FLOOPER a Private Message
Saddle...pups are 7 weeks old. Beccajane...Mrs. Flooper and her sis actually do quite well at it...they have been doing it for a few years and finally decided they better build a kennel!! Budman...not a chance of blasting them out of there with an atomic bomb. They actually do keep a lot of their dogs in the kennel...just not any of the Cavaliers.

Flooper

Go to Top of Page

OnTheWay
Clinician

1433 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2006 :  11:14:34 PM  Show Profile Send OnTheWay a Private Message
Awwww, Flooper, they are ADORABLE!!!!! Of course most baby anythings are, but these are particularly cute! I would hate to ask what they cost. Actually I would love to ask what they cost, just out of curiosity, I may be in the wrong business, lol.

There is nothing like falling asleep with puppies all over you. And YES! about the way their breath smells. Just so cute!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  04:50:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message
Adorable!! Who does't love puppies? And these are especially cute!

Flooper, didn't you say some time ago that your wife also had Shih Tzu's? Got mine at the animal shelter, apparently had belonged to an older person who could no longer keep her. Keeping her healthy is a challenge...seems the breed is prone to certain problems, & she has them all! We are craxy about her, though.

Troy, check out your local animal shelters...might have to visit many times until just the right dog comes along. Also, the Mrs. might be more agreeable to a dog that is already housebroken!! As cute as puppies are, it is sure a hassle to have to clean up after one.

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  05:49:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message
Just tooo cute!!
Reminds me of the Johnny Cash Song.
The one on the left was in the middle and the one in the middle was on the right andhe one on right was "the one to keep" ;]

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

Termite
Advanced Rider

369 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  08:28:41 AM  Show Profile Send Termite a Private Message
Flooper
Those are some real cute fellas. Looks like they will be about the size of Dawn when they grow up.

Termite
Go to Top of Page

FLOOPER
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  10:43:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit FLOOPER's Homepage Send FLOOPER a Private Message
Yep, Termite, you're right. I forgot to mention these are DRAFT Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. Very well suited for pulling a Radio Flyer full of cold ones!

Flooper

Go to Top of Page

fracturedbones
Clinician

3424 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  11:40:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit fracturedbones's Homepage Send fracturedbones a Private Message
AHHHHHH...too cute!!! I'm trying to picture how small they are by the person's hand in pic holding them.
Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  12:24:59 PM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message
I was wondering how big they get since I'm not familiar with the breed. But I'm kinda like Flooper with horses when it comes to dogs. I'll take a mixed breed any day. I've always had a soft spot for mutts. Our last dog was a freebie, and she certainly lived up to her name of Angel... well... most of the time. We don't have a dog anymore... just a dozen barn cats and the two horses.

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

FLOOPER
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  12:34:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit FLOOPER's Homepage Send FLOOPER a Private Message
When full grown, they get to be about 15 to 17 lbs. About half the size of a Cocker Spaniel, and not much bigger than a cat. They come in four colors: Black and Tan, Black, Tan & White (Tri-Color) Blenheim (Tan and White) and Ruby. Here are my wife's breeding pairs. They get this beautiful feathering on their legs and ears as they get older The two on the far right (the Blenheim and the Ruby) are the puppies mom and dad. The ruby is named Scarlet, and is my baby!!!

Flooper

Edited by - FLOOPER on 02/17/2006 12:36:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

tagnrocky
Clinician

USA
1776 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  12:48:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit tagnrocky's Homepage Send tagnrocky a Private Message
Even all grown up they are cute! Aren't they one of Queen Elizabeth's favorite breeds?

Nancy (and Tag & Rocky)
Free & easy down the trail I go......
Go to Top of Page

fracturedbones
Clinician

3424 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  2:57:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit fracturedbones's Homepage Send fracturedbones a Private Message
The Queen favors Corgis...also cool dogs! Not sure if she has the Cavalier King Charles. My neighbor has 2 of them, also house dogs. Very adorable. Another neighbor a small valley over has one...he and her lab wandered a mile away to my house at dusk and so picked them up and called her. Those small dogs make good "pu-pu platters" for the coyotes here, so have nixed the idea small dogs and cats. Kids terrible about closing doors

Not to change the subject, but my sis also thinks the owls made off with her cats!! Wonder if they could pick up a small dog like Floopers too?? I'd be so worried, they are too cute.

Edited by - fracturedbones on 02/17/2006 2:59:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

beccajane
Trainer

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  6:15:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit beccajane's Homepage Send beccajane a Private Message
What beautiful dogs! I didn't realize they were so small. Such pretty faces! I can understand why they are in the house and not in the kennel. Although that place doesn't sound too shabby....do they have their own phone and TV out there? I'm sure it's heated and air conditioned. How'bout a spare bedroom? I've often thought of putting one out in the barn. I know a fellow who has kind of an apartment in the barn. He's got a small kitchenette, bathroom and a bed for the cats and dogs to join him on. His wife has the house and he spends quite a bit of time in the barn...maybe that's why they have been married so long??
Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  7:06:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
Beautiful dogs, and they look soooo sweet!! ...and I see Mrs. F's got (at least) one of every color.

-Saddletramp

Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  05:34:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message
NOW you did it. Mrs Hook loved the puppies and fell in love with Scarlett. We already have three dogs, large collie Lab croaa, a Springer Spaniel (Hector) and my Buddy, a ****szu. The Spaniel has the nices silky coat and your guys look just the right size for her lap.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

sbower
Clinician

1083 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  12:56:14 PM  Show Profile Send sbower a Private Message
There's nothing cuter than a puppy! They are an extremely loving breed and well deserving of their popularity. They do have alot of health issues so if anyone is considering buying one be careful to stick with breeders that will guarantee their dogs....because I know everyone is curious, the average cost of a CKC around here is $1500, that's pet quality, not show. I talked to a judge for CKC's once and she said she knew breeders getting $3,000 for outstanding pups. Sounds like Mrs Flooper is one smart lady!

<'\__~
_(( // ====

Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  7:12:48 PM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message
Ahhhhh, they are so cute! I am not showing this picture to Heather! lol

Appygirl

Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000