Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussions
 Trails
 Sky's First Trail Ride
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rick Byers
Trainer

USA
545 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2006 :  11:11:10 PM  Show Profile Send Rick Byers a Private Message
Well today Carol and I had been invited to the Historic Nelson Ranch in Woodland Ca. for a trail ride. Carol asked me if I was taking India. I answered no I am going to take Sky. For the ones who don't know Sky she is the TWH mare that Carol gave me for my birthday. She was green broke with only 30 days of work when she was 2 she is now 7. Well here is the story. We got to the ranch and unloaded the horses, while we were waiting for our friend Donna to get ready I took Sky over to the jumping arena and was troting her on a lead line and led her to a couple of the 18 inch jumps and like a pro she jumps right over them. Then we tacked up 5 horses total, 2 Arabians 2 Quarter horses and Sky the TWH. We rode on the farm trails and levies by the river or 1.5 hours and the only time Sky shied at any thing a tumble weed on the bank of the levie moved and all I did was talk to her calmly and she settled right down and continued on. She was as good on the trail as any of the other horses with lot more time and training invested in them. Rick

Sassy the 15 year old Arab thinks she is hot stuff, Loving memory of India Diamond the 23 year old Arab . Sky the 15 old TWH knows she is pretty and flaunts it all the time. Sarphina has finally adjusted to all the Diva's. Color Me Fancy the coming 3 year old is trying to become lead Diva.

ttyndale
Trainer

USA
744 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2006 :  11:59:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit ttyndale's Homepage Send ttyndale a Private Message
Apparently Sky is in good hands! You must be a good trainer and Sky must be a good horse.
Way to go Sky!
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2006 :  05:13:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message
Sounds like a winner to me. er "Sky's the Limit"? !!!!

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2006 :  08:02:21 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
Good job, Rick!

It sounds like Sky trusts you to keep her safe!

When are you going to start jumping?

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

FLOOPER
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2006 :  09:21:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit FLOOPER's Homepage Send FLOOPER a Private Message
Rick...you got another good one to go with India! Congratualtions...I can tell you're proud of Sky...and you should be!!

Flooper

"I'm a man. I can change. If I have to. I guess."
The Man's Prayer from the Red Green Show
Go to Top of Page

giddyupmorgan
Trainer

846 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2006 :  11:29:55 AM  Show Profile Send giddyupmorgan a Private Message
God job Rick. Ain,t much trail riding going on here the weather is to nasty.

Keeping The Kids In a Saddle and Out of Trouble
Giddyup
"Holy Moly I'll Buy What They're Selling" LJD (Get A Little Mud On The Tires)

Morgan's riding log
Go to Top of Page

fracturedbones
Clinician

3424 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2006 :  1:07:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit fracturedbones's Homepage Send fracturedbones a Private Message
Hey, great name "Sky's the Limit"! Congrats Rick! Sounds like a good horse/patient trainer combo. When aare you taking your act to S. Cal???

Been to Woodland when I was 16.....friend's dad was the local undertaker. Remeber it as a small city...sounds like still some country left. Surprising for Ca.
Go to Top of Page

Rick Byers
Trainer

USA
545 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2006 :  11:45:19 PM  Show Profile Send Rick Byers a Private Message
Hey facturedbones, My inlaws live in SoCal. Mom and Pa inlaw in Hemet, Sister and Bro in law in Canyon Lake. Sis and Bro inlaw has horses in Canyon Lake at the Riding Club there. After being away from horses for 40 years I thought I had forgotten everything the trainer tryed to teach me when I was a teenager. I guess some of it stuck because the more I work with India and Sky the more I seem to remember. Giddyup hope the weather co-oporates this weekend. I got real LUCKY when I found my 2 mares. With both of them being so eager to learn.

Sassy the 15 year old Arab thinks she is hot stuff, Loving memory of India Diamond the 23 year old Arab . Sky the 15 old TWH knows she is pretty and flaunts it all the time. Sarphina has finally adjusted to all the Diva's. Color Me Fancy the coming 3 year old is trying to become lead Diva.
Go to Top of Page

fracturedbones
Clinician

3424 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2006 :  1:34:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit fracturedbones's Homepage Send fracturedbones a Private Message
Rick, was in Hemet last year about this time. Don't know how long since you visited your inlaws...but big time building...townhomes next to ranches. Hate to think what has happened in a year, heartbreaking really as is/was very beautiful...the country has gone city, with the S. Cal prices and gridlock to boot.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000