Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Saddle and Tack Topics
 Saddle Brands
 What saddle might fit best?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lotsapaws
Tenderfoot

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2006 :  1:37:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit lotsapaws's Homepage Send lotsapaws a Private Message
I am in need of some major help! I used to have a Bob Marshall treeless Circle Y saddle. I really like how I felt deep and secure in the saddle...plus it fit almost anything I put it on! I decided to sell it since the stirrups felt like they needed to be more forward for me (always felt top heavy) and because of the whole weight distribution issue. I now don't know where to turn. There are so many saddles out there! I would like something that will fit both my horses if possible (appendix QH & 3 year old MFT). I also want something that makes me feel deep and secure in my seat plus comfy too. What about the flex trees and that RB auto adjustable saddle they have out by Royal King? Any suggestions on what brand,type to buy? Really don't want to spend over 800.00 I mostly trail ride but also barrel race and team pen for fun. Thanks for all you help in advance

Edited by - lotsapaws on 02/11/2006 8:17:35 PM

Stormie
Clinician

1630 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2006 :  12:58:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Stormie's Homepage Send Stormie a Private Message
I wasn't impressed with the Royal King adj. tree or really any royal King. But you need to start by finding out what size the horses need and going from there.
Go to Top of Page

lotsapaws
Tenderfoot

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2006 :  06:33:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit lotsapaws's Homepage Send lotsapaws a Private Message
I did print out the templates and measured my horses last night. They both work best with a 7" wide angle. What size of tree would that be...full quarter horse bars? So at least I have that measurement. Now all I need is some opinions of saddles that make you feel deep and secure in your seat. Anyone have any opinions on that? Of course it has to be comfy for me too. I am getting real confused with the different tree and what they do...equi-fit, flex tree, flex-lite.

Go to Top of Page

Stormie
Clinician

1630 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2006 :  2:04:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Stormie's Homepage Send Stormie a Private Message
The way it makes you feel is a personal thing so you will have to try out saddles to see. Barrle saddles make a lot of people feel that way but they put in the seat for racing so you might not like to ride in them. Find a store close to you and sit in as many as you can.

Here is the website for those trees http://www.steele-equifit.com/equifit/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000