Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussions
 Saddle Shop Corral
 On a happier note....
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Budman
Advanced Rider

USA
230 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  5:42:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Budman's Homepage Send Budman a Private Message
I took Miss Budman to the stable last evening for her lesson, low and behold, there was Willie in the arena, being used for a lesson with my friend Maggie (the instructor has my permission to use Willie for lessons with select riders.) Just happened to have the camera with me.

Seems life is good for ole Willie, he's coming through the winter fat & fuzzie. He's appointed himself the alpha of the geldings, when they're turned out he always seems to get his share of grain first!

Budman

FLOOPER
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  5:50:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit FLOOPER's Homepage Send FLOOPER a Private Message
Willie's got one of them stylilsh, light-weight "Southarn" winter coats on. You oughta see Maggie and Teddie...they look like big ol' fat catepillars with their heavy Yankee coats on!!! Great picture! Willie is lookin' good!

Flooper

"I'm a man. I can change. If I have to. I guess."
The Man's Prayer from the Red Green Show
Go to Top of Page

Parrothead
Trainer

USA
559 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  6:04:31 PM  Show Profile Send Parrothead a Private Message
Good shot of Willie!! I lust after your indoor arena. See me green with envy.

Jill
Life is too short to ride bad horses.
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  6:54:23 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
Willie is looking good! It really doesn't seemlike he's got a heavy coat. Has he started to shed? Joe has. He may wish that he hung onto that hair if our weather forecast holds!

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Horsecrazygirl
Clinician

USA
2132 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  8:17:36 PM  Show Profile Send Horsecrazygirl a Private Message
Wow! He looks great!
Thanks for sharing!

"In the steady gaze of the horse shines a silent eloquence that speaks of love and loyalty, strength and courage. It is the window that reveals to us how willing is his spirit, how generous his heart."

"The horse, gives you the freedom from all life's challenges." H.Z.

Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  10:54:01 AM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message
Yeah, mine are shaggy, too, with hair almost 2" long! But that's normal for around here.

I wish I had an indoor arena, even though it's been very unseasonably warm for this time of year. We've been having temps in the 40's and had one day last week in the mid 50's! Very strange for January and early February, but after, today, we're going to get back into normal winter temps... teens at night and high's in the low 30's.

So, why would I like an indoor arena right now with all the warm weather we've been having? Can you say MUD!!!? I've never seen so much mud in all my years of living here. My horses haven't seen dry ground since Christmas! Standing water everywhere and mud a good ankle deep if not better. I'm beginning to think my arena (outdoor type) is turning into a permanent bog!

Oh yeah! Willie's looking gooood!

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown

Edited by - Red Hawk on 02/03/2006 10:55:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

fracturedbones
Clinician

3424 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2006 :  11:42:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit fracturedbones's Homepage Send fracturedbones a Private Message
Good looking Willie!

The TB doesn't have a winter coat anymore, the fjord 1/2 way shed as is the POA.
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  07:02:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message
Willie looks like he takes his job seriously and is enjoying the ride almost as much as his rider.

Our horses are begining to shed as well, a sure sign for me that winter, what is left of it willnot be too cold or too long.

Sure is muddy in the outdoor ring but it is somewhat navigable because it is sand on a sand base with some natural drainage. We are lucky to have a small 50 X 100 arena to use as a run-in for the horses to find shelter in bad weather and to ride in when we need it.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2006 :  4:35:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
What a sweetie, he is!! AND he goes English, to boot! Thanks for sharing, Bud!

I guess I need to start leaving barn lights on, to get mine to shed out a bit. The old guy will hang onto his coat for a while yet, but I'd like to get the mare shed out. I used that soybean supplement last year and was pretty happy with it until my farrier told me to re-think it....

-Saddletramp

"She never moved the stars from their courses,
but she loved a good man and she rode good horses"
Go to Top of Page

Budman
Advanced Rider

USA
230 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2006 :  09:21:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Budman's Homepage Send Budman a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Saddletramp

What a sweetie, he is!! AND he goes English, to boot! Thanks for sharing, Bud!

Of course he does English, Willie does EVERYTHING!!!!
Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  7:36:25 PM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message
My lands, Willie is gorgeous and clean! I'd be too embarrassed to post a pic of Hi-Grey right now. He's a dirtly little rag-a-muffin. White and mud just don't make a pretty pic!

Appygirl

Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000