Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Caring and Owning Horses
 Horse Training
 Home Grown Horse Training
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Frost
Beginning Rider

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2006 :  12:27:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frost's Homepage Send Frost a Private Message
Pat and Linda are pretty cool! Saw them last summer in Battle Creek MI on a 2 day seminar.

Vern

Former Nebraskan...
"The quickest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it back in your pocket."

'May the HORSE be with you!' Gentle as possible, yet firm as necessary.
"I like to ride bareback, and sometimes I even wear a shirt!"
Go to Top of Page

naddya819
Beginning Rider

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2006 :  10:18:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit naddya819's Homepage Send naddya819 a Private Message
Beccajane, funny story: The first horse I owned as an adult was a 7 year old TB retired from the track. What I only learned later was that she'd never been retrained off the track. But ignorance, as they say, is bliss. I ordered a nice barrel saddle/bridle/breastcollar set from Chicks, and still remember the elation I felt when it arrived. Of course I set out to clean and oil it right away, to protect it (living in the humid swamp called Michigan at the time.). My husband, smart-aleck that he is, commented that since the stirrups were leather-wrapped, I should oil them as well, which I happily did. So, about 20 minutes later, after the umteenth showing of The Man From Snowy River, he and I, along with two friends, decided we were going out riding. She had worked well with me in the paddock but we were going across a dirt road into a field of grass. She was great going out, but the minute we reached the other end of the field and turned for home, she was off. Of course I couldn't stop her, and she was headed right for the trees in the ditch and the road. I was worried she was going through the trees and into the road, because people drove really fast up and down it, so I'm frantically trying to get her to stop, people behind me are yelling, do this, turn her head, pull back, etc. when she did a complete 90 degree turn in mid-air. Needless to say, she went right, and I kept going straight. We laugh about it now, of course!

Live long, laugh hard, love horses.

Go to Top of Page

beccajane
Trainer

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2006 :  9:37:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit beccajane's Homepage Send beccajane a Private Message
It's nice that you can laugh about it. And that you're OK. I have had horses for 30+ years and I'm STILL learning. I was even a 4-H Horse & Pony leader for 5 years. Then I was forced to "take a break" and take care of my parents and Mother in Law. But now I'm "back in the saddle again" and lovin' it. Back to trail riding almost every weekend. It's great! Aren't we lucky??
Go to Top of Page

Boots
Beginning Rider

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2006 :  10:52:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Boots's Homepage Send Boots a Private Message
Who's the Parelli person?

Boots

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tell me, and I forget. Teach me, and I may remember. Involve me, and I learn. Ben Franklin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Truth is not determined by a majority vote.
- Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger
(Now Pope Benedict XVI)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000