Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussions
 Trails
 New truck and trailer.....YEAH!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dixiesmom
Beginning Rider

145 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  4:55:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dixiesmom's Homepage Send Dixiesmom a Private Message
Well, I got the new truck last night. 2000 Ford F150 4X4 Lariat with off-road and tow package. I love my new truck!! I will be picking up the trailer next week. It is a 1980 Campbell Coach 2h with walk-thru dressing room. I will post up some pics of the trailer when I get it, but here are some of the truck. Cant wait to get on the road with the horses!!

Melissa

Dixie--black & white paint mare, 3yrs in April
Pete--roan missouri foxtrotter gelding, 21yrs in April

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  5:13:23 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
Congratulations!! Nice truck.

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

FLOOPER
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  5:38:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit FLOOPER's Homepage Send FLOOPER a Private Message
Verrrry nice!!! Of course, you know this is only temporary...you'll soon be looking for a 3/4 ton truck, a bigger trailer, more horses, more land and onandonanaonandon....!!!!

Flooper

"I'm a man. I can change. If I have to. I guess."
The Man's Prayer from the Red Green Show
Go to Top of Page

beccajane
Trainer

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  5:48:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit beccajane's Homepage Send beccajane a Private Message
Wow! That's a really nice truck! Congratulations!!
Go to Top of Page

Horsecrazygirl
Clinician

USA
2132 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  8:05:40 PM  Show Profile Send Horsecrazygirl a Private Message
Wow! Looks great! Congrats!

"In the steady gaze of the horse shines a silent eloquence that speaks of love and loyalty, strength and courage. It is the window that reveals to us how willing is his spirit, how generous his heart."

"The horse, gives you the freedom from all life's challenges." H.Z.

Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  8:39:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message
Congrats! In no time at all, you'll be ready to roll!!

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

OnTheWay
Clinician

1433 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  10:08:57 PM  Show Profile Send OnTheWay a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by FLOOPER

Verrrry nice!!! Of course, you know this is only temporary...you'll soon be looking for a 3/4 ton truck, a bigger trailer, more horses, more land and onandonanaonandon....!!!!

Now how is it that when I read this message earlier (nice truck, great photos!) that I K-N-E-W that Flooper would post something like above. ROFL.

You do realize, of course, that any one of us could make his day if we found a duelly we couldn't resist, got in trouble with the husbands, and snuck out the back door buying a bigger trailer, ROFL.

That's okay, Flooper, you are emboldening everyone. :-D

Very nice truck! Looks like you will absolutely love it! Congratulations!!!
Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  10:46:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
VERY purty truck!! Aren't they great?!! Congrats! Can't wait to see the trailer!

It's beginnning to appear that I will have the oldest, ugliest trailer (I actually painted it with a paint brush!) at the next trail ride!! Oh well....

-Saddletramp

"She never moved the stars from their courses,
but she loved a good man and she rode good horses"
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  04:56:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message
VERRRR.....Y NICE TRUCK;

Glad to see you upholding the values of DE HAA.
Way to be on the JOB Flooper. FAA members need lots of encouragement to confess.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  11:07:49 AM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message
FAA members, Hook? What's that? Just teasin'.

No way you will have the ugliest trailer, Saddle. I'm betting mine will take that prize. I'd like to trade, but I'm still paying on my truck for the next 2 years! I just hope my ol' WW trailer will last that long so we can afford a better one.

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

fracturedbones
Clinician

3424 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  12:57:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit fracturedbones's Homepage Send fracturedbones a Private Message
Trailers like horses, better an ugly one than none at all folks....

Had a little extra $$ and boy was I thinking trailer, trailer, trailer...however with the kids BD and all, they were thinking new TV, new TV....the TV/kids won.....people's heads kept getting longer and the legs shorter on that 14 y/o set.....but COOL! At least can watch horses , new trucks and trailers on it

Nice new fordy! Was wondering what gas mileage the 4x4 gets...and IF because it's a 4x4 can you pull a little more wt. than a regular F 150??
Go to Top of Page

FLOOPER
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  2:19:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit FLOOPER's Homepage Send FLOOPER a Private Message
Bones...doesn't really make much difference in how much you can pull--2x4 or 4x4 about the same. It does make a bit of a difference in how much you can put ON the truck such as tongue weight for a bumper pull or pin weight for a gooseneck. The 4x4 weighs more, so by the numbers, it will have less "payload" for tongue weight or pin weight. The 4x4 components usually weigh from 200 lbs to 400 lbs. So the 2x4 could handle 200 to 400 lbs more pin weight or tongue weight. But in the real world...it doesn't make much difference. The 4x4 is something you rarely use...but when you need it, it's worth it's weight in gold...like when you're on a patch of wet grass, and your rear wheels start spinning...nice to drop it into 4x4 and go.

Flooper

"I'm a man. I can change. If I have to. I guess."
The Man's Prayer from the Red Green Show
Go to Top of Page

Dixiesmom
Beginning Rider

145 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2006 :  9:39:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dixiesmom's Homepage Send Dixiesmom a Private Message
Flooper--that is exactly why I got 4x4. I may never need it, but that one time I do......I have it. I have been at trail rides and seen people have to have tractors come pull there rigs out of a muddy field after it rained all night. That sucks! I went and picked up my trailer tonight. It pulls really smooth empty, cant wait to see how it does loaded. I will try to get some pics of it tomorrow.

Melissa

Dixie--black & white paint mare, 3yrs in April
Pete--roan missouri foxtrotter gelding, 21yrs in April
Go to Top of Page

Charlies mom
Beginning Rider

67 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2006 :  12:06:35 AM  Show Profile Send Charlies mom a Private Message
Congrats!!!
Charlies mom
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000