Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Saddle and Tack Topics
 Tack Questions and Comments
 Pricing My Crates Saddle To Sell??
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Megs
Tenderfoot

8 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  4:31:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Megs's Homepage Send Megs a Private Message
Could I get some opinions on what price/range to sell this saddle at? It's a Crates barrel saddle. It's in excellent condition, 15 inch seat, and semi-QH bars. I'm not entirely sure of the age, but I would place it between 5-7 years.

Chuck
Forum Admin

USA
1265 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  4:42:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chuck's Homepage Send Chuck a Private Message
I would expect from $550 to $650. Might want to look and see what similar saddles go for on ebay

Chuck

Horse Saddle Shop

http://www.horsesaddleshop.com
Go to Top of Page

FLOOPER
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  5:43:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit FLOOPER's Homepage Send FLOOPER a Private Message
Keep the saddle...how much for the horse?!!!! Beautiful!! Tell us more about it. (the horse!!)

Flooper

"I'm a man. I can change. If I have to. I guess."
The Man's Prayer from the Red Green Show
Go to Top of Page

Megs
Tenderfoot

8 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  5:57:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Megs's Homepage Send Megs a Private Message
Thanks Flooper!! You asked for it!

Cody is a (almost) 6 yr old Appendix QH. I bought him as a 2 year old. I used to take care of horses for a racing QH trainer in the summers while they were out at the tracks. Every day was always a surprise to see what new horse had been dropped off or picked up. Horses injured, taking a rest, or just in between races. One day the trainer gave me a call to tell me the "black gelding" would be coming in the next day and if I knew anyone that wanted to buy him to let them know. Cody was a slow grower and his owners didn't want to wait (as per the trainers recommendations) for him to finish growing into his body before racing him. They dumped him on the trainer to "get rid of". All the trainer wanted was what was left of the training fees - $600. So I ended up trading two months worth of labor for him.

I've had him ever since. This year has been really good for us. He's finally out of the teenage stage-both mentally and physically- and his training is really clicking along. I just graduated him to his first shanked bit, and am hoping to start some barrel racing training this Spring. (more of a hobby than a serious thing). We also enjoy trail riding. He's really a great horse. Very personable, and seems to be the barn favorite. You do have to make sure things are locked up around him though, or he will figure out how to open it! Scared the farrier last month when he figured out how to open the paddock to barn door and walked into the barn aisle while he was shoeing.

Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2006 :  07:15:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message
Welcome to the forum from Canada. We have a real nice Crates western pleasure show saddle in very good condition that we would like to get about $1,000 Canadian ( 800 US) that we bought new about 10 years ago specifcally to fit a wider withered Quarter horse that has passed on. Very nice comfortable saddle.
Nice saddle and even nicer horse. Hook will be six tis spring and is really coming into himself both mentally and phyically. Hope to do more barrels this year.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson

Edited by - Hook on 01/28/2006 07:17:43 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000