Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Saddle and Tack Topics
 Discussions on Fitting Saddles to the Horse
 Saddle Fit....My Journey Begins
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Megs
Tenderfoot

8 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  11:46:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Megs's Homepage Send Megs a Private Message
My 6 yr old QH Cody has finally filled out from the lanky "teenager" frame(talk about slow grower). And the saddle that fit him so perfectly last year when I bought it now does not.

I have started my journey by downloading the templates from this website, but am not sure if he would be a Normal/Narrow Angle or a Wide Angle....he is about 16.1 - 16.2 hands tall Appendix QH. He's got nice withers (not mutton, etc), but my Crates barrel saddle now pinches in the withers -even though it has gullet clearance - and the back comes up about 1/2 inch or so when cinched up.

My total experience saddle fitting has been borrowing a saddle, taking it over and trying it on, so wish me luck!!

hmeyer
Clinician

USA
2194 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  12:28:03 PM  Show Profile Send hmeyer a Private Message
Hey Megs, welcome to the forum. I just checked out your picture on your profile. Cody is a beauty! I'm sure you'll find whatever help you need here. Although I am no expert on saddle fitting, others, like Chuck, are.

"You learn a thing a day, you store up smart" - Festus Haggen

"A manís soul canít be hidden,
From the creatures in his care." -
Hard Candy Cowboy by Debra Meyer

Go to Top of Page

Megs
Tenderfoot

8 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  1:20:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Megs's Homepage Send Megs a Private Message
Thank you hmeyer! The pic you saw was actually taken last Spring. I went ahead and changed it to a slightly more current picture (taken last fall)....and he's filled out more since then.

I'm going to try out those templates tonight after I get off work and will post my results then. Hopefully I can get it right! :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000