Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Caring and Owning Horses
 Grooming and Health
 Horse Grooming
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

liesse00
Tenderfoot

3 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  10:40:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit liesse00's Homepage Send liesse00 a Private Message
I think I'm going to apply for a job as a horse groomer, what would my responabilities be. Does it very from farm to farm.

Stormie
Clinician

1630 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  11:43:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Stormie's Homepage Send Stormie a Private Message
It will depend on the farm. Some are just grooming, tacking up, untacking. Some would have you cleaning stalls, some have grooms warming up and cooling out horses depending on their level of riding. You may hve to do barn cleaning(besides stall cleaning), pasture picking, basic upkept of the farm. When you go to apply make sure you ask and ask about what you get paid, if you get free lessons or a cut on the price of lessons, etc. Make sure you get a clear out line of how it's going to work out and keep track of your pay, lessons, etc.
Go to Top of Page

liesse00
Tenderfoot

3 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2006 :  11:52:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit liesse00's Homepage Send liesse00 a Private Message
thank you very much
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2006 :  6:05:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message
Good Luck and welcome to the forum Any questions when you get more info just ask and someone here will help you out. Do you have a horse now?

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

liesse00
Tenderfoot

3 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2006 :  10:33:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit liesse00's Homepage Send liesse00 a Private Message
No, I don't own a horse I don't know much about horses. I got a reply from the place I'm talking to and they asked me what horse I'm interested in. Do you only groom one horse or do you groom all of them. I guess I don't understand.
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2006 :  12:15:45 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
I think most places assign groomers to a particular horse or horses so that person sees the horses everyday and can tell immediately if the horse is "off". A groomer may be the first one to recognize if a horse is sick or injured.

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

hmeyer
Clinician

USA
2194 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2006 :  2:13:11 PM  Show Profile Send hmeyer a Private Message
Maybe they think you are interested in taking lessons on a particular horse, or leasing him, or something. Did you explain that you just want to learn about horses and be involved in taking care of them? Do they think you are an experienced groomer? Do they know you are expecting to be paid? Sounds to me like there might have been some misunderstanding here?

"You learn a thing a day, you store up smart" - Festus Haggen

"A manís soul canít be hidden,
From the creatures in his care." -
Hard Candy Cowboy by Debra Meyer

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000