Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Caring and Owning Horses
 The Beginning Rider
 Tabs on western saddle
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dockillemall
Tenderfoot

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  12:00:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dockillemall's Homepage Send Dockillemall a Private Message
Left side has horizontal slot and right has vertical slot. What are they for and how do you use them? Thanks Roland

Chuck
Forum Admin

USA
1265 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  12:29:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chuck's Homepage Send Chuck a Private Message
The right side vertical slot is to keep the cinch off the ground when not in use - put the the buckle through the slot. The left side is the latigo keeper when the saddle is not in use.

Chuck

Horse Saddle Shop

http://www.horsesaddleshop.com
Go to Top of Page

Parrothead
Trainer

USA
559 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  2:05:02 PM  Show Profile Send Parrothead a Private Message
OHHHHH I never knew that! I thought it was to hold a lariat. Now my knees won't take such a beating. Guess that's what I get for not asking.

Jill
Life is too short to ride bad horses.
Go to Top of Page

Dockillemall
Tenderfoot

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  4:26:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dockillemall's Homepage Send Dockillemall a Private Message
Thanks Chuck. Good to know I do'nt have to toss the girth and latigo over the seat now.
Roland
Go to Top of Page

qhrider
Tenderfoot

11 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  11:27:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit qhrider's Homepage Send qhrider a Private Message
I use the left side slot to keep my excess tie strap in after it is buckled. Just loop it through. When my saddle is not in use I don't dare use the left slot. My system of putting up the tie strap greatly reduces the time used when saddling up. I hate it when other people put up my saddle and do it their way. Mine us much easier!
Go to Top of Page

Stormie
Clinician

1630 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  1:37:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Stormie's Homepage Send Stormie a Private Message
I hate that too. The girls just flip stuff over the saddle(although I do the cinchs to carry because I'm so short I end up triping over them if I hook them up) and leave it that way. Then I have to go and untangle everything when I use the saddle. I have my set way to do the tie strap and it's put up right everytime I unsaddle so when I go to saddle the horse all I have to do is tug and it's all free. No trying to unwrap the saddle like a Christmas gift.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000