Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Saddle and Tack Topics
 Saddle Brands
 PLEASE HELP ME!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Saddle22
Tenderfoot

6 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  10:29:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Saddle22's Homepage Send Saddle22 a Private Message
heyy everyone okay im new here... but chuck told me to come to get help on deciding a sadddlle for my horrse... ill include some pics... and some info on her... please help me to find a saddle that would be good for her..

http://tinypic.com/jihlk6.jpg
http://tinypic.com/jihlq8.jpg
http://tinypic.com/jihlrs.jpg
http://tinypic.com/jihlw7.jpg
http://tinypic.com/jihlyo.jpg

shes a AQH... around 16 hands.. she weighs... 1035... im a girl... i weigh 105.. and im 5.4 tall... and i ride mostly trals and pleasure... price from around 300 - 600... and i want alll leather

-- THANKS SOOOOO MCUH!!!!! -- rosey

sharon
Advanced Rider

USA
232 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  4:22:58 PM  Show Profile Send sharon a Private Message
Ok. I'll be the first to throw out opinions. Remember, these are just my opinions. I would chose a saddle with more narrow stirrup leathers to give more relief on ankles and knees because you are a small person. Make sure one will adjust up short enough for you. Probably a 15" seat or maybe less. I want my saddles to have a solid rear D ring. Not inskirt rigging. I prefer a saddle with a smaller swell and a medium to high cantle. For trails, you might want the cheyenne roll and definately saddle strings. - Just a few thoughts off the top of my head. You really should go somewhere and sit on several before you choose. Best of Luck.

Additionally, I like the flex tree saddles.

"You never know til you know for sure and even then its hard to tell."

Edited by - sharon on 01/02/2006 4:24:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

sharon
Advanced Rider

USA
232 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  4:22:58 PM  Show Profile Send sharon a Private Message
Ok. I'll be the first to throw out opinions. Remember, these are just my opinions. I would chose a saddle with more narrow stirrup leathers to give more relief on ankles and knees because you are a small person. Make sure one will adjust up short enough for you. Probably a 15" seat or maybe less. I want my saddles to have a solid rear D ring. Not inskirt rigging. I prefer a saddle with a smaller swell and a medium to high cantle. For trails, you might want the cheyenne roll and definately saddle strings. - Just a few thoughts off the top of my head. You really should go somewhere and sit on several before you choose. Best of Luck.

Additionally, I like the flex tree saddles.

"You never know til you know for sure and even then its hard to tell."

Edited by - sharon on 01/02/2006 4:24:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  05:46:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message
Looks like a typical quarter horse back and withers. I would check her size by using Chuck's cut out sizing template to determine the gullet width and angle.

My wife is about your size and she really likes the Tex-flex pleasure saddle with a 15" seat. Chuck can suggest a comparable Circle Y

I don't think you will find a new leather saddle in your price range so you may have to consider a used quality saddle. My main advice is to make sure a used saddle fits the horse before you buy.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  05:46:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message
Looks like a typical quarter horse back and withers. I would check her size by using Chuck's cut out sizing template to determine the gullet width and angle.

My wife is about your size and she really likes the Tex-flex pleasure saddle with a 15" seat. Chuck can suggest a comparable Circle Y

I don't think you will find a new leather saddle in your price range so you may have to consider a used quality saddle. My main advice is to make sure a used saddle fits the horse before you buy.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000