Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 General Discussions
 Trails
 Wheeeee! New-2-me Truckie ???
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

OnTheWay
Clinician

1433 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  6:16:39 PM  Show Profile Send OnTheWay a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Saddletramp

My job here as director of acquisitions is almost finished....OnTheWay...when are you picking up that second horse? You know...Cloud's buddy...?



ST, I'm resisting!!! I've actually thought about it because I hate having Cloud out there all by herself. She doesn't seem to mind it, she's an aloof, independent little somebody. Besides, what would I do with double the doo-doo, it's pretty major as it is! I have a full 10-cu. ft. wheelbarrow just from yesterday and today. One horse!

Besides, what do you do with two horses if it's just one rider? Switch off? I actually thought of making a very attractive boarding situation (like they just pay outright cost of feed, farrier, etc., for their own horse, upkeep labor free) in exchange for occasional riding. Daughter would be super fun to go riding with, but not sure I would want the responsibility for someone else's live animal.
Go to Top of Page

OnTheWay
Clinician

1433 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  6:16:39 PM  Show Profile Send OnTheWay a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Saddletramp

My job here as director of acquisitions is almost finished....OnTheWay...when are you picking up that second horse? You know...Cloud's buddy...?



ST, I'm resisting!!! I've actually thought about it because I hate having Cloud out there all by herself. She doesn't seem to mind it, she's an aloof, independent little somebody. Besides, what would I do with double the doo-doo, it's pretty major as it is! I have a full 10-cu. ft. wheelbarrow just from yesterday and today. One horse!

Besides, what do you do with two horses if it's just one rider? Switch off? I actually thought of making a very attractive boarding situation (like they just pay outright cost of feed, farrier, etc., for their own horse, upkeep labor free) in exchange for occasional riding. Daughter would be super fun to go riding with, but not sure I would want the responsibility for someone else's live animal.
Go to Top of Page

OnTheWay
Clinician

1433 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  6:20:22 PM  Show Profile Send OnTheWay a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Saddletramp

"There's a rectangular hole under that just like on my Oddy and a hitch assembly w/ball slides into that, a bar goes through it, and then a pin keeps the bar in place. Mine is also a Reese hitch. I'm now confused, and I didn't already know that."

Yep...use that thar rectangular hole-thingamagiggie....do NOT use the shiny ball-thing. lol




Well, now you're making me nervous about the mechanic that checked truck over, he mentioned the Reese hitch and thought that was just ducky. Just out of curiosity, why not use it? I think the seller used it, and they hauled a 4-horse stock trailer with it I believe. Not necessarily filled to the brim, but a heavier trailer. She said she also hauled a heavy 2H trailer, and I believe 2 horses. And I believe with that shiny hitch.

So what's it for if not for towing?
Go to Top of Page

OnTheWay
Clinician

1433 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  6:20:22 PM  Show Profile Send OnTheWay a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Saddletramp

"There's a rectangular hole under that just like on my Oddy and a hitch assembly w/ball slides into that, a bar goes through it, and then a pin keeps the bar in place. Mine is also a Reese hitch. I'm now confused, and I didn't already know that."

Yep...use that thar rectangular hole-thingamagiggie....do NOT use the shiny ball-thing. lol




Well, now you're making me nervous about the mechanic that checked truck over, he mentioned the Reese hitch and thought that was just ducky. Just out of curiosity, why not use it? I think the seller used it, and they hauled a 4-horse stock trailer with it I believe. Not necessarily filled to the brim, but a heavier trailer. She said she also hauled a heavy 2H trailer, and I believe 2 horses. And I believe with that shiny hitch.

So what's it for if not for towing?
Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)



USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  6:54:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
The rectangular-hole thingamagiggie IS the Reese hitch....conversely, the shiny ball that is mounted on top of your bumper is just that, a shiny ball mounted on the BUMPER...whereas the Reese hitch should be very firmly mounted to the frame of the truck, below the bumper area. The ball mounted to the bumper is NOT going to be strong or reliable enough to tow a horse trailer with. I'm sure that you know this....I think that I confused you.

The shiny ball might be adequate to tow a smallish garden wagon, or a small john boat on a lightweight trailer.

-Saddletramp

"She never moved the stars from their courses,
but she loved a good man and she rode good horses"

Edited by - Saddletramp on 12/31/2005 6:55:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)



USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  6:54:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
The rectangular-hole thingamagiggie IS the Reese hitch....conversely, the shiny ball that is mounted on top of your bumper is just that, a shiny ball mounted on the BUMPER...whereas the Reese hitch should be very firmly mounted to the frame of the truck, below the bumper area. The ball mounted to the bumper is NOT going to be strong or reliable enough to tow a horse trailer with. I'm sure that you know this....I think that I confused you.

The shiny ball might be adequate to tow a smallish garden wagon, or a small john boat on a lightweight trailer.

-Saddletramp

"She never moved the stars from their courses,
but she loved a good man and she rode good horses"

Edited by - Saddletramp on 12/31/2005 6:55:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

Charlies mom
Beginning Rider



67 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  10:05:25 PM  Show Profile Send Charlies mom a Private Message
Before I was horse hauling wise, I pulled a single horse trailer on the actual bumper on my old gmc pickup. It actually bent the bumper. Made it to Brown Co. safe but was shocked when I saw the bend in the bumper. Just wasnt ment to pull that kinda weight.
Charlies mom
Go to Top of Page

Charlies mom
Beginning Rider



67 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  10:05:25 PM  Show Profile Send Charlies mom a Private Message
Before I was horse hauling wise, I pulled a single horse trailer on the actual bumper on my old gmc pickup. It actually bent the bumper. Made it to Brown Co. safe but was shocked when I saw the bend in the bumper. Just wasnt ment to pull that kinda weight.
Charlies mom
Go to Top of Page

OnTheWay
Clinician

1433 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  06:15:04 AM  Show Profile Send OnTheWay a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Saddletramp

The rectangular-hole thingamagiggie IS the Reese hitch....
<SNIP>



Ooookay! I got it. And I'm *******VERY******* glad this was brought up, because the mechanic specifically mentioned Reese hitch, and this shiny ball hitch thingamajiggy is prominently "out there," the first thing you see. (The only other hitch work I've ever even looked at is the one on my Oddy so I just assumed the shiny affair was just a fancier version and was not attached JUST to the bumper, but perhaps bolted THROUGH the bumper for aesthetics.)

So I guess he's selling it WITHOUT the ball insert? When someone advertises "Reese hitch" I think of the whole thing, not just the receiver that's bolted to the frame. However, it's quite possible he removed the ball part, because he also pulled out the spare tire so no one would steal it. (???) I hope so.
Go to Top of Page

OnTheWay
Clinician

1433 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  06:15:04 AM  Show Profile Send OnTheWay a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Saddletramp

The rectangular-hole thingamagiggie IS the Reese hitch....
<SNIP>



Ooookay! I got it. And I'm *******VERY******* glad this was brought up, because the mechanic specifically mentioned Reese hitch, and this shiny ball hitch thingamajiggy is prominently "out there," the first thing you see. (The only other hitch work I've ever even looked at is the one on my Oddy so I just assumed the shiny affair was just a fancier version and was not attached JUST to the bumper, but perhaps bolted THROUGH the bumper for aesthetics.)

So I guess he's selling it WITHOUT the ball insert? When someone advertises "Reese hitch" I think of the whole thing, not just the receiver that's bolted to the frame. However, it's quite possible he removed the ball part, because he also pulled out the spare tire so no one would steal it. (???) I hope so.
Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  10:36:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message
Yes, many people to take the hitch off when not in use. Not only to keep it from being stolen, but to keep it from rusting. Be sure to ask about it before you take posession of the truck! The spare tire, too.

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  10:36:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message
Yes, many people to take the hitch off when not in use. Not only to keep it from being stolen, but to keep it from rusting. Be sure to ask about it before you take posession of the truck! The spare tire, too.

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

FLOOPER
Trail Boss (Moderator)



USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  11:35:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit FLOOPER's Homepage Send FLOOPER a Private Message
Good job Saddle and Charlie's Mom of explaining the hitch, etc!!! PS: You'll probably want a new hitch insert and ball anyway once you get your trailer, since you'll need to get one that's the right height for your trailer to keep it level. But I'd ask the guy for the insert and ball anyway. They aren't too expensive....can get 'em at Tractor Supply or like store for $20.00 or so.

Flooper

"I'm a man. I can change. If I have to. I guess."
The Man's Prayer from the Red Green Show
Go to Top of Page

FLOOPER
Trail Boss (Moderator)



USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  11:35:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit FLOOPER's Homepage Send FLOOPER a Private Message
Good job Saddle and Charlie's Mom of explaining the hitch, etc!!! PS: You'll probably want a new hitch insert and ball anyway once you get your trailer, since you'll need to get one that's the right height for your trailer to keep it level. But I'd ask the guy for the insert and ball anyway. They aren't too expensive....can get 'em at Tractor Supply or like store for $20.00 or so.

Flooper

"I'm a man. I can change. If I have to. I guess."
The Man's Prayer from the Red Green Show
Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)



USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  11:59:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
...hitch insert....that's what that THING is called!! Mine has two levels....set it in one way and the ball sits lower, flip it around, change the position of the ball and it sits higher.

-Saddletramp

"She never moved the stars from their courses,
but she loved a good man and she rode good horses"
Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)



USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  11:59:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
...hitch insert....that's what that THING is called!! Mine has two levels....set it in one way and the ball sits lower, flip it around, change the position of the ball and it sits higher.

-Saddletramp

"She never moved the stars from their courses,
but she loved a good man and she rode good horses"
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)



USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  1:18:46 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
Congrats Carol!

You're really "On The Way" now! First the horse, then the truck, now a horse trailer.... then since you've got all that you might as well get another horse, then you'll need more tack. Then once you get all that, you'll decide you really need a bigger trailer then a bigger truck......Just ask Flooper. ROFLMAO!

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN


"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."



~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)



USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  1:18:46 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
Congrats Carol!

You're really "On The Way" now! First the horse, then the truck, now a horse trailer.... then since you've got all that you might as well get another horse, then you'll need more tack. Then once you get all that, you'll decide you really need a bigger trailer then a bigger truck......Just ask Flooper. ROFLMAO!

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN


"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."



~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)



USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  5:42:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
You know, OnTheWay...horses ARE herd animals, and do much better with a buddy or two for company!

Also, when you are at Farm & Fleet or TSC, or better yet....cruising Chuck's online store!... picking up your new hitch insert, think about a fire extinguisher for the truck/trailer. Forego the "bungie"-type of trailer ties also, they are accidents waiting to happen. You'll like a braided nylon with a panic snap at one end, altho they are slightly more pennies. :)

-Director of Acquisitions
(Just doin' my job.)

-Saddletramp

"She never moved the stars from their courses,
but she loved a good man and she rode good horses"
Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)



USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  5:42:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
You know, OnTheWay...horses ARE herd animals, and do much better with a buddy or two for company!

Also, when you are at Farm & Fleet or TSC, or better yet....cruising Chuck's online store!... picking up your new hitch insert, think about a fire extinguisher for the truck/trailer. Forego the "bungie"-type of trailer ties also, they are accidents waiting to happen. You'll like a braided nylon with a panic snap at one end, altho they are slightly more pennies. :)

-Director of Acquisitions
(Just doin' my job.)

-Saddletramp

"She never moved the stars from their courses,
but she loved a good man and she rode good horses"
Go to Top of Page

OnTheWay
Clinician

1433 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  7:12:34 PM  Show Profile Send OnTheWay a Private Message
LOL, Karen on the jibe at Flooper, but I ain't gonna go there! ROFL. Nah, I'm just going to have the one horse. (She sez.) Seriously, I can't afford more of these critters, nor can I imagine the clean-up after two of them, sheeesh. Muck Machines they are!

Okay, I just got back from a long day which included 3 hours driving to/from seller's house. We exchanged money and title, so the truck is officially mine. When I asked him about the ball insert, he said I'd have to get my own, there are many different kinds and it'll depend on my trailer (which is another way of saying he isn't including it after all, or maybe wasn't planning to). Also brake controller isn't included, he said it broke so he tossed it. So for sure I'll have to get those two things and I will be VERY relieved when I take truck to MY mechanic who issues inspection stickers, I'm sure he's not going to pass the rust on the rear wheel wells, but hopefully will if I cover them. Any way to STOP rust? (See photo above of that part). From what "local mechanic" (at seller's town) said, though he's not an inspection guy and it's a different state, but from what he said, the rest of the truck is in good shape, so I can't see why it won't pass. I'm worried about the rust tho and among the things I know nothing about is rust.

PARROTHEAD! You are really temping me, LOL. That sounds like F-U-N !!!! Not that I'd do it but where in Indiana are you all?

FLOOPER, seller said he'd take old truckie maybe a 500 mile radius, but not long distance. That may just be him, or it may be because truck is 18 years old. So your opinion... is there a reason I couldn't take a 1988 as described like... maybe to Indiana? LOL. Seriously, I'm just curious, is it the sort of thing where with a truck like this age and size, it's just "not done" to go other than fairly close? Seller said he would NOT take it on mountains or across country. That could be just him, or it could be because it's too old and maybe just not strong enough to handle serious hills one may encounter.

Red Hook, your truck you mentioned loading to the hilt, it was a 1989, so in what year were you doing this (how old was the truck then)?

PARROTHEAD again... pray tell, were you serious about the 2H goose neck? Is this a big enough truck to handle a goose neck? For some reason I thought they were huge, I haven't looked at anything other than bumper pulls in ads, and haven't looked at ONE single horse trailer in person. I'm supposed to go see a 1989 strait load BP Valley brand tomorrow. Lady has it listed at $1500 but it hasn't sold and she's getting negotiable, she said she's horseless for the foreseeable future. She says it has cosmetic rust (and I imagine a fair number of spots) but she says frame and floor are solid and it has less rust than a typical trailer that age. She's original owner for whatever that means in reality. So I thought I'd look at it.

But you now have me curious about gooseneck. Ooooo, the thoughts that conjures up. <wink, bring out the iron dutch ovens and skillets, in fact my whole collection of iron>.

Since other people learn from our threads, and I'm one to ask all the dumb questions that no self respecting person would admit to not knowing, I'm going to launch on trailer questions now that I have some CHOICES so should a new thread be started, or okay to continue with this one and just stray off topic, because I really want to pick brains about trailers, pick-ees willing.

Indiana, eh?? Just out of curiousity, when is this trail ride and how long is it? Just a day or....?
Carol

Go to Top of Page

OnTheWay
Clinician

1433 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  7:12:34 PM  Show Profile Send OnTheWay a Private Message
LOL, Karen on the jibe at Flooper, but I ain't gonna go there! ROFL. Nah, I'm just going to have the one horse. (She sez.) Seriously, I can't afford more of these critters, nor can I imagine the clean-up after two of them, sheeesh. Muck Machines they are!

Okay, I just got back from a long day which included 3 hours driving to/from seller's house. We exchanged money and title, so the truck is officially mine. When I asked him about the ball insert, he said I'd have to get my own, there are many different kinds and it'll depend on my trailer (which is another way of saying he isn't including it after all, or maybe wasn't planning to). Also brake controller isn't included, he said it broke so he tossed it. So for sure I'll have to get those two things and I will be VERY relieved when I take truck to MY mechanic who issues inspection stickers, I'm sure he's not going to pass the rust on the rear wheel wells, but hopefully will if I cover them. Any way to STOP rust? (See photo above of that part). From what "local mechanic" (at seller's town) said, though he's not an inspection guy and it's a different state, but from what he said, the rest of the truck is in good shape, so I can't see why it won't pass. I'm worried about the rust tho and among the things I know nothing about is rust.

PARROTHEAD! You are really temping me, LOL. That sounds like F-U-N !!!! Not that I'd do it but where in Indiana are you all?

FLOOPER, seller said he'd take old truckie maybe a 500 mile radius, but not long distance. That may just be him, or it may be because truck is 18 years old. So your opinion... is there a reason I couldn't take a 1988 as described like... maybe to Indiana? LOL. Seriously, I'm just curious, is it the sort of thing where with a truck like this age and size, it's just "not done" to go other than fairly close? Seller said he would NOT take it on mountains or across country. That could be just him, or it could be because it's too old and maybe just not strong enough to handle serious hills one may encounter.

Red Hook, your truck you mentioned loading to the hilt, it was a 1989, so in what year were you doing this (how old was the truck then)?

PARROTHEAD again... pray tell, were you serious about the 2H goose neck? Is this a big enough truck to handle a goose neck? For some reason I thought they were huge, I haven't looked at anything other than bumper pulls in ads, and haven't looked at ONE single horse trailer in person. I'm supposed to go see a 1989 strait load BP Valley brand tomorrow. Lady has it listed at $1500 but it hasn't sold and she's getting negotiable, she said she's horseless for the foreseeable future. She says it has cosmetic rust (and I imagine a fair number of spots) but she says frame and floor are solid and it has less rust than a typical trailer that age. She's original owner for whatever that means in reality. So I thought I'd look at it.

But you now have me curious about gooseneck. Ooooo, the thoughts that conjures up. <wink, bring out the iron dutch ovens and skillets, in fact my whole collection of iron>.

Since other people learn from our threads, and I'm one to ask all the dumb questions that no self respecting person would admit to not knowing, I'm going to launch on trailer questions now that I have some CHOICES so should a new thread be started, or okay to continue with this one and just stray off topic, because I really want to pick brains about trailers, pick-ees willing.

Indiana, eh?? Just out of curiousity, when is this trail ride and how long is it? Just a day or....?
Carol

Go to Top of Page

OnTheWay
Clinician

1433 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  7:22:13 PM  Show Profile Send OnTheWay a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by FLOOPER

Ooops...shoulda mentioned...a 5.7L IS a 350...5.7 liters of displacement AKA 350 cubic inches of displacement...just liters vs metric. Sorry...shoulda mentioned that...so yeah, you got a 350 V8. Here is a thread I started over on the towing forum about your truck, and some of the answers I got. Find out what your gears are in the rear, and it will answer a lot of questions. Just remember when you're reading this thread that these guys are like super, super into tow vehicles, and you can get bogged down in their minutia really fast. Bottom line...you'll be able to tow your bumper pull just fine...even with the 3.08s the one guy said were horrible...you'll just be able to tow a lot more with the 3.73s. Anyway, read this thread.
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/16779418.cfm

PS: rears are not part of the tranny...but they may have been changed or replaced due to 195,000 miles...(probably dang near everything has been replaced)..., but most likely would have been replaced with same or lower gears (higher number, like 4:10) since truck was used fot towing. Chances are, they are same as came on the truck. Let me know what the glove box code is.



Floop, I'm reading the thread now. Mine is a K-10. Just the little I'm reading is scaring me a tad, 2nd or 3rd writer is saying his didn't have a lot of power and he ALSO talks about hills.... reading more...

I'm sure basing a LOT on what this "local mechanic" had to say. Didn't test drive it, I just assoooooomed with that size engine there wouldn't be a power issue. Will continue reading rest of responses. Thanks a ton for putting the querry on that board for me, I appreciate.

Edited by - OnTheWay on 01/01/2006 7:40:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

OnTheWay
Clinician

1433 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  7:22:13 PM  Show Profile Send OnTheWay a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by FLOOPER

Ooops...shoulda mentioned...a 5.7L IS a 350...5.7 liters of displacement AKA 350 cubic inches of displacement...just liters vs metric. Sorry...shoulda mentioned that...so yeah, you got a 350 V8. Here is a thread I started over on the towing forum about your truck, and some of the answers I got. Find out what your gears are in the rear, and it will answer a lot of questions. Just remember when you're reading this thread that these guys are like super, super into tow vehicles, and you can get bogged down in their minutia really fast. Bottom line...you'll be able to tow your bumper pull just fine...even with the 3.08s the one guy said were horrible...you'll just be able to tow a lot more with the 3.73s. Anyway, read this thread.
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/16779418.cfm

PS: rears are not part of the tranny...but they may have been changed or replaced due to 195,000 miles...(probably dang near everything has been replaced)..., but most likely would have been replaced with same or lower gears (higher number, like 4:10) since truck was used fot towing. Chances are, they are same as came on the truck. Let me know what the glove box code is.



Floop, I'm reading the thread now. Mine is a K-10. Just the little I'm reading is scaring me a tad, 2nd or 3rd writer is saying his didn't have a lot of power and he ALSO talks about hills.... reading more...

I'm sure basing a LOT on what this "local mechanic" had to say. Didn't test drive it, I just assoooooomed with that size engine there wouldn't be a power issue. Will continue reading rest of responses. Thanks a ton for putting the querry on that board for me, I appreciate.

Edited by - OnTheWay on 01/01/2006 7:40:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

OnTheWay
Clinician

1433 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  7:44:41 PM  Show Profile Send OnTheWay a Private Message
Flooper, okay, it's all Greek to me (the thread) but I'm getting the gist of it. I just called Seller and he doesn't know what the gear set is, he said he was sure it's in the 300s (well, most of the thread talks about 300s). Seller said only reason he was worried about hills was if I got a trailer without brakes (that ain't gonna happen). He said if trailer has brakes, hills shouldn't be a problem.

I asked him if it was anything you could call "gutless" and he said "No, it'll go, it'll move." (That's not the response I wanted to hear, LOL). I'll just have to wait until Tues. to find out what numbers are on the inside of glove compartment.

Okay, NOW I'm starting to see how all this starts, in terms of obsessions with bigger badder trucks. Oh, dear, what have I gotten myself into? ROFL!

Well, one step at a time.

Indiana, eh??
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000