Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussions
 General Information
 Owning horses IS a Lifestyle -" DE HAA"
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  8:06:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message
LOl! That's right, Hook does have the most horses, of any of us, as far as I know. I only have 3!!

Hey, Sbower, I switched from QH's to Appaloosas...of course, alien abduction cannot be discounted....

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  8:06:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message
LOl! That's right, Hook does have the most horses, of any of us, as far as I know. I only have 3!!

Hey, Sbower, I switched from QH's to Appaloosas...of course, alien abduction cannot be discounted....

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

sbower
Clinician

1083 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  8:22:55 PM  Show Profile Send sbower a Private Message
I thought it was a given! After all..... aliens found you very "Ez2Spot"!

<'\__~
_(( // ====

Go to Top of Page

sbower
Clinician

1083 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  8:22:55 PM  Show Profile Send sbower a Private Message
I thought it was a given! After all..... aliens found you very "Ez2Spot"!

<'\__~
_(( // ====

Go to Top of Page

giddyupmorgan
Trainer

846 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  01:15:41 AM  Show Profile Send giddyupmorgan a Private Message
Hook where were you when I needed you. Started with 2 now we have 6. A mixture from 11hh pony to 14.3 QH. TB,POA,Paint/ MoJo, Buck, Whisper, FlipFlop, Zoe & Missy.
I thought we might be turning the corner when we decided to sell Zoe but after looking under (uh I mean around) the Christmas tree at all the equine related Santa stuff it may be in the pandemic stage.
Flooper bless me for I have sinned to no end.

Keeping The Kids In a Saddle and Out of Trouble
Giddyup
"Holy Moly I'll Buy What They're Selling" LJD (Get A Little Mud On The Tires)

Morgan's riding log
Go to Top of Page

giddyupmorgan
Trainer

846 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  01:15:41 AM  Show Profile Send giddyupmorgan a Private Message
Hook where were you when I needed you. Started with 2 now we have 6. A mixture from 11hh pony to 14.3 QH. TB,POA,Paint/ MoJo, Buck, Whisper, FlipFlop, Zoe & Missy.
I thought we might be turning the corner when we decided to sell Zoe but after looking under (uh I mean around) the Christmas tree at all the equine related Santa stuff it may be in the pandemic stage.
Flooper bless me for I have sinned to no end.

Keeping The Kids In a Saddle and Out of Trouble
Giddyup
"Holy Moly I'll Buy What They're Selling" LJD (Get A Little Mud On The Tires)

Morgan's riding log
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  07:56:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message
DE HAA PROGRESS REPORT FROM THE PRESIDENT
Things are really booming with new members and lots of work by the staff.

Beccajane - Vice President
Doing a fine job for the first day on the job. Already looking for ways to help Paintgal. Sounds a bit like withdrawal Therapy. Good team member working with saddletramp, Flooper, EZ2SPOT and jacobsbuddy to set up meeting schedule. A little problem with her pay but we’ll work that out in The New Year. Needs a bit of help with her addiction for quality horse and sales but we’ll work on that in the New Year as well. Sounds like it will be tough, the addiction being rooted in childhood and all. BU she admits it , a good first step

Live2dream – new Charter Member
Sounds like a good addition (addiction) to DE FAA. Really has a flair for working the system. I think she will make a good Director of Teambuilding and is already making progress with the helping hubby avoidance technique.

Parrothead
Another fine charter member who obviously needs our help. Somewhat in denial but has a good selection of tack and stuff. I am undecided whether we should make her Assistant Director of Acquisitions or Director of dispersals. She could arrange for tack sales and such with the club. Could probably use Chuck’s free listing service to help us get rid of excess and unwanted? Horse stuff! I admit sometimes we have a bit extra.

Saddletramp – Director of Acquisitions
Really takes her job seriously. Working on a Clubhouse property with horse facilities ( Egypt is a bit far though). Working with Chuck already for club identification clothing and logos tack. Hmmm T-Shirts with horses and our DE HAA logo for all members. Great idea. I will have to consult the members about expanding our charter to included other animals. Might be just too must for us to handle. Maybe another club for those with doggie addictions.

Flooper – Second Director of Confessions
Doing a great job. Well deserved promotion to Vice President of Confessions. Obviously well versed in confessions and generated a whole raft in one day. We will need his services a lot in the New Year. (even Saddletramp is coming clean)

EZ2SPOT – Director of Rehabilitation
A real good choice here. Last foal only three, only a few excess saddles ( do you use the side saddle, is it English or western, My wife, Fern has several and just bought a cheap western one so I can convert it to a side saddle) . We need some details on how you have been so successful in rehab. Will have to discuss the meeting date in The New Year with the club general membership.

Jacobsbuddy – Director of Recruitment
On the job scouting new members. Good approach, hit the family members first. Do you think we should sell chocolate bars for fund raising?

Red Hawk – Director of Public Relations
Really has a handle on her addiction stemming from childhood ( a repost of the early picture is required for evidence for the councilors). Has admitted to 30 years of experience in Public relations and will be able to use this to promote DE HAA.

SBOWER
A new charter member ( I’ve decided that anyone who posted on this topic in 2005 is a Charter Member). I think that she will be a great Director of Travel, she can organize our trips , rehabilitation oriented of course. Some what in denial but we’ll work on it. Of course the President of the club has the most hoses. He is the most addicted, a prime qualification and needs the help of all the members. We have another foal Due in March and I am really wavering about breeding my games mare, Sugar to a racing quarter horse ,and the other old mare to a son of Zippo Pine Bar. I even had an Appaloosa for a few years. Not ready to give up Hook Yet, ( thought about it after he dumped me) big plans to do more barrel racing in 2006.

giddyupmorgan
I think we will let giddyup be a Charter Member as well, she only missed 2005 by an hour. Obviously can use our services. Her situation is a good example of why this club is a necessity. Not too deeply addicted with only 6 horses. We can help her control the habit. Good confession with names too.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  07:56:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message
DE HAA PROGRESS REPORT FROM THE PRESIDENT
Things are really booming with new members and lots of work by the staff.

Beccajane - Vice President
Doing a fine job for the first day on the job. Already looking for ways to help Paintgal. Sounds a bit like withdrawal Therapy. Good team member working with saddletramp, Flooper, EZ2SPOT and jacobsbuddy to set up meeting schedule. A little problem with her pay but we’ll work that out in The New Year. Needs a bit of help with her addiction for quality horse and sales but we’ll work on that in the New Year as well. Sounds like it will be tough, the addiction being rooted in childhood and all. BU she admits it , a good first step

Live2dream – new Charter Member
Sounds like a good addition (addiction) to DE FAA. Really has a flair for working the system. I think she will make a good Director of Teambuilding and is already making progress with the helping hubby avoidance technique.

Parrothead
Another fine charter member who obviously needs our help. Somewhat in denial but has a good selection of tack and stuff. I am undecided whether we should make her Assistant Director of Acquisitions or Director of dispersals. She could arrange for tack sales and such with the club. Could probably use Chuck’s free listing service to help us get rid of excess and unwanted? Horse stuff! I admit sometimes we have a bit extra.

Saddletramp – Director of Acquisitions
Really takes her job seriously. Working on a Clubhouse property with horse facilities ( Egypt is a bit far though). Working with Chuck already for club identification clothing and logos tack. Hmmm T-Shirts with horses and our DE HAA logo for all members. Great idea. I will have to consult the members about expanding our charter to included other animals. Might be just too must for us to handle. Maybe another club for those with doggie addictions.

Flooper – Second Director of Confessions
Doing a great job. Well deserved promotion to Vice President of Confessions. Obviously well versed in confessions and generated a whole raft in one day. We will need his services a lot in the New Year. (even Saddletramp is coming clean)

EZ2SPOT – Director of Rehabilitation
A real good choice here. Last foal only three, only a few excess saddles ( do you use the side saddle, is it English or western, My wife, Fern has several and just bought a cheap western one so I can convert it to a side saddle) . We need some details on how you have been so successful in rehab. Will have to discuss the meeting date in The New Year with the club general membership.

Jacobsbuddy – Director of Recruitment
On the job scouting new members. Good approach, hit the family members first. Do you think we should sell chocolate bars for fund raising?

Red Hawk – Director of Public Relations
Really has a handle on her addiction stemming from childhood ( a repost of the early picture is required for evidence for the councilors). Has admitted to 30 years of experience in Public relations and will be able to use this to promote DE HAA.

SBOWER
A new charter member ( I’ve decided that anyone who posted on this topic in 2005 is a Charter Member). I think that she will be a great Director of Travel, she can organize our trips , rehabilitation oriented of course. Some what in denial but we’ll work on it. Of course the President of the club has the most hoses. He is the most addicted, a prime qualification and needs the help of all the members. We have another foal Due in March and I am really wavering about breeding my games mare, Sugar to a racing quarter horse ,and the other old mare to a son of Zippo Pine Bar. I even had an Appaloosa for a few years. Not ready to give up Hook Yet, ( thought about it after he dumped me) big plans to do more barrel racing in 2006.

giddyupmorgan
I think we will let giddyup be a Charter Member as well, she only missed 2005 by an hour. Obviously can use our services. Her situation is a good example of why this club is a necessity. Not too deeply addicted with only 6 horses. We can help her control the habit. Good confession with names too.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

ree7
Advanced Rider

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  09:54:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit ree7's Homepage Send ree7 a Private Message
Here's hoping you are all successful in your fight against the addiction. Thankfully I don't have this problem and am in complete control. I can stop any time I want.

I would have posted earlier to this thread, but was too busy looking at classified horse sale sites on the inter-net.
Go to Top of Page

ree7
Advanced Rider

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  09:54:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit ree7's Homepage Send ree7 a Private Message
Here's hoping you are all successful in your fight against the addiction. Thankfully I don't have this problem and am in complete control. I can stop any time I want.

I would have posted earlier to this thread, but was too busy looking at classified horse sale sites on the inter-net.
Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  10:20:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message
Hook, we might need to expand services not only to include dog addictions, but to include certain addictive and expensive horse-related activities such as clinics, etc. Have to confess to Flooper that I still have a problem with this one!

The sidesaddle is a family heirloom; very fragile & rather dried out (I got it about a a year and a half ago, and it had been kept in garages and basements before that; basically treated as a piece of junk)and no longer safe to use. It was my great-great-great grandmother's 16th birthday present--back in 1861, I believe. It has made me quite interested in side saddles, though. Oh, no, another confession!!!

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  10:20:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message
Hook, we might need to expand services not only to include dog addictions, but to include certain addictive and expensive horse-related activities such as clinics, etc. Have to confess to Flooper that I still have a problem with this one!

The sidesaddle is a family heirloom; very fragile & rather dried out (I got it about a a year and a half ago, and it had been kept in garages and basements before that; basically treated as a piece of junk)and no longer safe to use. It was my great-great-great grandmother's 16th birthday present--back in 1861, I believe. It has made me quite interested in side saddles, though. Oh, no, another confession!!!

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  10:22:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message
Ree7, sounds like you might need our help, after all. You just haven't gotten around to admitting your addiction yet!!!

EZ2SPOT

Edited by - EZ2SPOT on 01/01/2006 10:24:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  10:22:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message
Ree7, sounds like you might need our help, after all. You just haven't gotten around to admitting your addiction yet!!!

EZ2SPOT

Edited by - EZ2SPOT on 01/01/2006 10:24:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  11:35:02 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
Addiction? What addiction? I thought looking at horses, NEEDING more horses, wanting bigger trucks & trailers along with new tack & equipment was normal. It is, isn't it?

As DE HAA DoR (Director of Restraint) I will do my best to remove all restraints one may have..... ooops....or am I supposed to apply restraint?

Search:

Breed: Any
Sex: Any
Price: CHEAP

Oh dear.... wrong window. I thought I was on Equine.com.

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  11:35:02 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
Addiction? What addiction? I thought looking at horses, NEEDING more horses, wanting bigger trucks & trailers along with new tack & equipment was normal. It is, isn't it?

As DE HAA DoR (Director of Restraint) I will do my best to remove all restraints one may have..... ooops....or am I supposed to apply restraint?

Search:

Breed: Any
Sex: Any
Price: CHEAP

Oh dear.... wrong window. I thought I was on Equine.com.

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Jacobs Buddy
Advanced Rider

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  9:24:43 PM  Show Profile Send Jacobs Buddy a Private Message
Hello Director of recruitment here. My job is going to be easy as it seems people are just jumping on the confess thier addictions. As for my sister selling chocolate bars, Well she would have to buy them all so we could eat them. But thats another addiction.

Bless me flooper for I have sinned. I caught my self as I said to my sister. "If we took both our two horse trailers up to the trailer dealer do you think they would let us trade them in for a nice big stock trailer." But I didn't really mean it.

In regards to breed switching, I love them all, even minis. What am I to do? It's a good thing the town ordenance will not allow me to have any more horses on my property. Need more land. Oh no. There is go again. Help.

I whisper but my horse don't listen.
Go to Top of Page

Jacobs Buddy
Advanced Rider

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  9:24:43 PM  Show Profile Send Jacobs Buddy a Private Message
Hello Director of recruitment here. My job is going to be easy as it seems people are just jumping on the confess thier addictions. As for my sister selling chocolate bars, Well she would have to buy them all so we could eat them. But thats another addiction.

Bless me flooper for I have sinned. I caught my self as I said to my sister. "If we took both our two horse trailers up to the trailer dealer do you think they would let us trade them in for a nice big stock trailer." But I didn't really mean it.

In regards to breed switching, I love them all, even minis. What am I to do? It's a good thing the town ordenance will not allow me to have any more horses on my property. Need more land. Oh no. There is go again. Help.

Go to Top of Page

Jacobs Buddy
Advanced Rider

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  9:29:47 PM  Show Profile Send Jacobs Buddy a Private Message
Oh I want to add. I have shown this thread to some other members of my family. They just didn't get it. Obviouly not afflicted. We are a special breed.

Go to Top of Page

Jacobs Buddy
Advanced Rider

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  9:29:47 PM  Show Profile Send Jacobs Buddy a Private Message
Oh I want to add. I have shown this thread to some other members of my family. They just didn't get it. Obviouly not afflicted. We are a special breed.

Go to Top of Page

elizNY
Beginning Rider

USA
105 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  12:31:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit elizNY's Homepage Send elizNY a Private Message
Ok, I do not have my own horse yet so I guess I am not a hard core addict. But at some point last year I crossed a threshold. I think it was when I went out and bought "my own" fly spray. Then a set of brushes. Then more brushes, hoof pick, assorted lotions and liniments, treats and assorted necesities. Then a bag to cart it all around in. Then a bit, another bit and of course a bridle to go with it (them) and then I "needed" a few sets of reins. Next thing you know a saddle appeared, and a pad, then a breastcollar. My non-horsey husband somehow became a tack-carrier, horse-walker and horse-bather, and he buys horse magazines and designs horse barns on the computer and "he" decided where "he" is going to put the riding arena (someday)and he happily drives to the biggest tack shop around (two counties away) because they have the biggest selection, and is his new favorite store. Since I don't actually own a horse, do I count as an Auxilliary Member?
Go to Top of Page

elizNY
Beginning Rider

USA
105 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  12:31:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit elizNY's Homepage Send elizNY a Private Message
Ok, I do not have my own horse yet so I guess I am not a hard core addict. But at some point last year I crossed a threshold. I think it was when I went out and bought "my own" fly spray. Then a set of brushes. Then more brushes, hoof pick, assorted lotions and liniments, treats and assorted necesities. Then a bag to cart it all around in. Then a bit, another bit and of course a bridle to go with it (them) and then I "needed" a few sets of reins. Next thing you know a saddle appeared, and a pad, then a breastcollar. My non-horsey husband somehow became a tack-carrier, horse-walker and horse-bather, and he buys horse magazines and designs horse barns on the computer and "he" decided where "he" is going to put the riding arena (someday)and he happily drives to the biggest tack shop around (two counties away) because they have the biggest selection, and is his new favorite store. Since I don't actually own a horse, do I count as an Auxilliary Member?
Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  09:43:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
elizNY- I think that you are already a full-fledged member! You already see the benefit of owning all your own "stuff" for a horse that you don't have yet....what better membership could we ask for?? And sometime soon, your hubby is gonna have to take the pledge also....we could sure use his dues to acquire more stuff! lol

Jacob's Buddy....we REALLY need to find YOU a bigger farm....one that has NO limit on the number of animals that you can have! That is SUCH a dirty trick that municipalities and communities play on us hard-core HAA....limits....like WE need limits??!!!

-Director of Acquisitions

-Saddletramp

"She never moved the stars from their courses,
but she loved a good man and she rode good horses"
Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  09:43:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
elizNY- I think that you are already a full-fledged member! You already see the benefit of owning all your own "stuff" for a horse that you don't have yet....what better membership could we ask for?? And sometime soon, your hubby is gonna have to take the pledge also....we could sure use his dues to acquire more stuff! lol

Jacob's Buddy....we REALLY need to find YOU a bigger farm....one that has NO limit on the number of animals that you can have! That is SUCH a dirty trick that municipalities and communities play on us hard-core HAA....limits....like WE need limits??!!!

-Director of Acquisitions

-Saddletramp

"She never moved the stars from their courses,
but she loved a good man and she rode good horses"
Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  3:05:42 PM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message
Since the President of HAA has requested that I post the pix of me in my cowboy outfit at the tender age of 3, here it is. They were taken in 1955.

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown

Edited by - Red Hawk on 01/02/2006 3:06:50 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000