Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussions
 General Information
 Owning horses IS a Lifestyle -" DE HAA"
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

beccajane
Trainer

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  12:08:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit beccajane's Homepage Send beccajane a Private Message
As Vice-President of this organization, my first duty is to find a second horse for Paintgal and take Hook with me, in case they have 2. Then we call appygirl to confess our "wrong" doing (HAA), who sends a memo to Red Hawk. From there we call saddletramp, Director of Acquisitions, to somehow find funds to purchase said horse(s). THEN, after said purchase(s), we call weekly meetings with Flooper and EZ2SPOT to prevent future purchases. Jacobsbuddy comes to the meetings, bringing more horse crazy people! WHEW!! Sounds like a full time job to me! How much does this job pay? It doesn't matter....

I happen to know this guy who has some quality horses for sale, reasonably priced, well-broke.............................

H-O-O-O-O_O-k??????????????
Go to Top of Page

Live2dream
Beginning Rider

51 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  01:53:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Live2dream's Homepage Send Live2dream a Private Message
ROFLMBO..oh my gosh i gotta get in on this one. Ok so who's gonna talk me out of a nice lil paint so i can further fight the urge to buy him? I'm looking at the bad points and finding very few. I'm chomping at the imaginary bit quick someone tranq me so i don't go tomorrow!! Ok so now i need to contact Saddletramp so we know about the incoming aquistion, then have a chat with RH to cover up then misgivings for my husband(gotta love pr people). Next step talk to flooper for confession of the sordid story...then have a chat with EZ to recover from the binge...and rehabilitate myself ..sorry have to skip overPaintgal she's in charge of restraint which i have none of...hmmm...so who's our therapay councelor(sp?) in this I have a feeling I will be in need of that also. LOL sadly i am a horse addict i must have came out of the womb hollering "I want a horse!!". LoL this is sooo not hereditary a horse addict from people who could care less about em..lol. Lmao later this was a great laugh. Oh yeah did i mention the hubby is planning on taking a buggy whip to encourage me to say no..lmao...jk!
Laters
Ree

~ A good farrier who is reliable,cheap, and good at their job is a mythical creature liken to a unicorn... I have never seen it and probably never will.
Go to Top of Page

Live2dream
Beginning Rider

51 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  01:53:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Live2dream's Homepage Send Live2dream a Private Message
ROFLMBO..oh my gosh i gotta get in on this one. Ok so who's gonna talk me out of a nice lil paint so i can further fight the urge to buy him? I'm looking at the bad points and finding very few. I'm chomping at the imaginary bit quick someone tranq me so i don't go tomorrow!! Ok so now i need to contact Saddletramp so we know about the incoming aquistion, then have a chat with RH to cover up then misgivings for my husband(gotta love pr people). Next step talk to flooper for confession of the sordid story...then have a chat with EZ to recover from the binge...and rehabilitate myself ..sorry have to skip overPaintgal she's in charge of restraint which i have none of...hmmm...so who's our therapay councelor(sp?) in this I have a feeling I will be in need of that also. LOL sadly i am a horse addict i must have came out of the womb hollering "I want a horse!!". LoL this is sooo not hereditary a horse addict from people who could care less about em..lol. Lmao later this was a great laugh. Oh yeah did i mention the hubby is planning on taking a buggy whip to encourage me to say no..lmao...jk!
Laters
Ree

~ A good farrier who is reliable,cheap, and good at their job is a mythical creature liken to a unicorn... I have never seen it and probably never will.
Go to Top of Page

Parrothead
Trainer

USA
559 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  09:05:35 AM  Show Profile Send Parrothead a Private Message
I will keep all of you unfortunate people in my thoughts and prayers. I personally do not have this addiction.

So what if my last shrink thought it was unusual for me to buy a horse (it was a good deal) when we lived in the center of town, had no tack (comes with a halter in IN) and no trailer (they deliver) and no place to keep it. But what did she know?

So what if I moved Mr. parrot kicking and screaming to the country and out of walking distance of a saloon?

So what if we have 2 saddles we don't use, lots of extra bridles(might break one), training aids I haven't got a clue on how to operate, and one horse we can't ride yet and if we could, would still be only one more horse than we have people?

So what if we spent almost the same amount for our trailer as we did for our first house?

I DO NOT have a problem!!!

Gotta go. The realtor just called about some great river front property in Egypt. With a barn.

Jill
Life is too short to ride bad horses.
Go to Top of Page

Parrothead
Trainer

USA
559 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  09:05:35 AM  Show Profile Send Parrothead a Private Message
I will keep all of you unfortunate people in my thoughts and prayers. I personally do not have this addiction.

So what if my last shrink thought it was unusual for me to buy a horse (it was a good deal) when we lived in the center of town, had no tack (comes with a halter in IN) and no trailer (they deliver) and no place to keep it. But what did she know?

So what if I moved Mr. parrot kicking and screaming to the country and out of walking distance of a saloon?

So what if we have 2 saddles we don't use, lots of extra bridles(might break one), training aids I haven't got a clue on how to operate, and one horse we can't ride yet and if we could, would still be only one more horse than we have people?

So what if we spent almost the same amount for our trailer as we did for our first house?

I DO NOT have a problem!!!

Gotta go. The realtor just called about some great river front property in Egypt. With a barn.

Jill
Life is too short to ride bad horses.
Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  10:53:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
Hey Parrot-

I looked at that property last week....it's planted in 60 acres of prime alfalfa, has six deep rock wells, two covered arenas, one covered round pen and a second house for horse-staff! Sorry to have beat you to it, but I am director of acquisitions. lol

I'm in a meeting right now with Chuck discussing custom saddles, complete with special tooling details and logo to commemorate DE-HAA and memberships...but I NOT in charge of handing them out! rofl The last bunch of saddles that Chuck supplied for our DE ride must have gotten lost in the mail.....really.

I'm also touching base with a couple of dog breeders....cuz what is a horseperson without a good dog or two, or twelve? Each rider MUST have at least one dog along on trail rides, check the by-laws. The dogs must be well trained enough to run loose with the horses and riders, duck in and out of weeds and brush, and sufficiently spook every horse on the ride. We may want to "test run" a few different breeds to determine the best breed (or designer breed) for this important job.

-Saddletramp

"She never moved the stars from their courses,
but she loved a good man and she rode good horses"
Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  10:53:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
Hey Parrot-

I looked at that property last week....it's planted in 60 acres of prime alfalfa, has six deep rock wells, two covered arenas, one covered round pen and a second house for horse-staff! Sorry to have beat you to it, but I am director of acquisitions. lol

I'm in a meeting right now with Chuck discussing custom saddles, complete with special tooling details and logo to commemorate DE-HAA and memberships...but I NOT in charge of handing them out! rofl The last bunch of saddles that Chuck supplied for our DE ride must have gotten lost in the mail.....really.

I'm also touching base with a couple of dog breeders....cuz what is a horseperson without a good dog or two, or twelve? Each rider MUST have at least one dog along on trail rides, check the by-laws. The dogs must be well trained enough to run loose with the horses and riders, duck in and out of weeds and brush, and sufficiently spook every horse on the ride. We may want to "test run" a few different breeds to determine the best breed (or designer breed) for this important job.

-Saddletramp

Go to Top of Page

beccajane
Trainer

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  11:06:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit beccajane's Homepage Send beccajane a Private Message
Well....this has certainly made my week. I DID come out of the womb hollering..."I want a horse!" Just ask my brothers and sisters. When asked what I wanted when I was little, the answer was ALWAYS....a horse. When I graduated from school and got my first job, guess what my first purchase was? A horse. My husband still says that when he said "I do" he said it twice, once to me and once to my horse. (Whom we lost at the ripe old age of 30 1/2 years about 5 years ago) That old horse carried me through 2 children and a ton of good times. My husband even tried horse ownership once. That lasted about 3 or 4 years. Seems chasing a little white ball was more fun. But he sure takes care of me and the critters well. We appreciate him very much. He just came in from cleaning stalls! I guess you DO have the addiction or you just don't. But I AM qualified to be the 1st vice president of HAA.

Now....tell me more about this horse that is for sale....................
Go to Top of Page

beccajane
Trainer

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  11:06:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit beccajane's Homepage Send beccajane a Private Message
Well....this has certainly made my week. I DID come out of the womb hollering..."I want a horse!" Just ask my brothers and sisters. When asked what I wanted when I was little, the answer was ALWAYS....a horse. When I graduated from school and got my first job, guess what my first purchase was? A horse. My husband still says that when he said "I do" he said it twice, once to me and once to my horse. (Whom we lost at the ripe old age of 30 1/2 years about 5 years ago) That old horse carried me through 2 children and a ton of good times. My husband even tried horse ownership once. That lasted about 3 or 4 years. Seems chasing a little white ball was more fun. But he sure takes care of me and the critters well. We appreciate him very much. He just came in from cleaning stalls! I guess you DO have the addiction or you just don't. But I AM qualified to be the 1st vice president of HAA.

Now....tell me more about this horse that is for sale....................
Go to Top of Page

FLOOPER
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  11:24:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit FLOOPER's Homepage Send FLOOPER a Private Message
I love this. And I love being Second Director of Confessions. So, of course I have a confession. Mrs. Flooper errantly believes that everything I have purchased for the horses actually cost only 1/2 of what I actually paid for it!!! I just do not know how that happened!

PS: Each formal confession by HAA members should begin with the phrase, "Bless me Flooper, for I have sinned..." (If yer a Catholic, you'll get that!)

Flooper

"I'm a man. I can change. If I have to. I guess."
The Man's Prayer from the Red Green Show
Go to Top of Page

FLOOPER
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  11:24:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit FLOOPER's Homepage Send FLOOPER a Private Message
I love this. And I love being Second Director of Confessions. So, of course I have a confession. Mrs. Flooper errantly believes that everything I have purchased for the horses actually cost only 1/2 of what I actually paid for it!!! I just do not know how that happened!

PS: Each formal confession by HAA members should begin with the phrase, "Bless me Flooper, for I have sinned..." (If yer a Catholic, you'll get that!)

Flooper

"I'm a man. I can change. If I have to. I guess."
The Man's Prayer from the Red Green Show
Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  11:36:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
Bless me Flooper, for I have sinned. My last confession was eons ago. I keep hidden funds so that when that perfect horse comes along, I am always ready to purchase and I can whip out the cash! I also make the funds available for withdrawal by my good friend when she is in need of a new critter! Hubby also errantly believes/suspects that the pup costs less than I actually paid for him! (Great minds!) And for my final sin, I am ALWAYS "shopping" for another horse, and when I find him or her, I will be shopping with Chuck again.

-Saddletramp

Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  11:36:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
Bless me Flooper, for I have sinned. My last confession was eons ago. I keep hidden funds so that when that perfect horse comes along, I am always ready to purchase and I can whip out the cash! I also make the funds available for withdrawal by my good friend when she is in need of a new critter! Hubby also errantly believes/suspects that the pup costs less than I actually paid for him! (Great minds!) And for my final sin, I am ALWAYS "shopping" for another horse, and when I find him or her, I will be shopping with Chuck again.

-Saddletramp

Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  11:37:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message
Well, I should be a terrific Director of Rehabilitation! It has been a long time since I have sinned, so I am in an unique position to help everyone else...!!!

Let's see, last foal is nearly 3 years old, and I have so far managed to resist adding any more.

Down to only 2 saddles (not counting the antique sidesaddle in the living room), and only check e-bay once a month or so, down from several times a day.

Well, okay, maybe I do still have a little problem--like Flooper, I occasionally understate costs to family, so that they really have no idea of the vast amounts of money my horse habit is costing me!!!!

When's the first meeting; or should we just combine it with a DE ride????

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  11:37:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message
Well, I should be a terrific Director of Rehabilitation! It has been a long time since I have sinned, so I am in an unique position to help everyone else...!!!

Let's see, last foal is nearly 3 years old, and I have so far managed to resist adding any more.

Down to only 2 saddles (not counting the antique sidesaddle in the living room), and only check e-bay once a month or so, down from several times a day.

Well, okay, maybe I do still have a little problem--like Flooper, I occasionally understate costs to family, so that they really have no idea of the vast amounts of money my horse habit is costing me!!!!

When's the first meeting; or should we just combine it with a DE ride????

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

Jacobs Buddy
Advanced Rider

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  12:41:36 PM  Show Profile Send Jacobs Buddy a Private Message
Oh No! Here I go again... lol lol he he ha ha.... Ok, Composing my self now. Well as director of recruitment I have to go make my first phone call. My sister has to see this. She will have to be a member.
She has it wrose then I do.

I whisper but my horse don't listen.
Go to Top of Page

Jacobs Buddy
Advanced Rider

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  12:41:36 PM  Show Profile Send Jacobs Buddy a Private Message
Oh No! Here I go again... lol lol he he ha ha.... Ok, Composing my self now. Well as director of recruitment I have to go make my first phone call. My sister has to see this. She will have to be a member.
She has it wrose then I do.

I whisper but my horse don't listen.
Go to Top of Page

beccajane
Trainer

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  1:29:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit beccajane's Homepage Send beccajane a Private Message
Bless me Flooper, for I have sinned.......

I had one perfectly good horse, but the neighbor down the road had a really nice gaited horse he was going to sell. And the price was right. And he was a really nice little horse. And I'm a little older now, so the gaited horse sounds really good.

And we all know the end of that story.

And I LOVE you guys sense of humor.
Go to Top of Page

beccajane
Trainer

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  1:29:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit beccajane's Homepage Send beccajane a Private Message
Bless me Flooper, for I have sinned.......

I had one perfectly good horse, but the neighbor down the road had a really nice gaited horse he was going to sell. And the price was right. And he was a really nice little horse. And I'm a little older now, so the gaited horse sounds really good.

And we all know the end of that story.

And I LOVE you guys sense of humor.
Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  2:00:22 PM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message
I have no idea where my addiction came from since no one in my family even had a horse... but I remember wanting a pony as soon as I knew what one was. I think I was 2 or 3 by then. Shall I post the pix of me at that age in my cowboy outfit again? Yep, I have it bad since I've had the affliction since then... and it's obviously NOT hereditary.

All in all, I think I've done quite well, even though I've dealt with many horses through the years, only 5 have been actually legally mine... and I have never bought any more tack or equipment than what I can use. Yes, I've been a good girl and kept my addiction well under control... just a hair from breaking the bank!

And, yes, my horses were the clencher in whether I married Steve or not. I'd just seen 2 or 3 marriages ruined because of the woman's love of horses and the husband not the horsey type. If Steve had said the horse (Wimpy at the time) had to go or he wouldn't've married me, I'd probably be single right now or married to somebody else! Thank goodness he totally understood my addiction, and we've been happily married for almost 30 year, now.

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  2:00:22 PM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message
I have no idea where my addiction came from since no one in my family even had a horse... but I remember wanting a pony as soon as I knew what one was. I think I was 2 or 3 by then. Shall I post the pix of me at that age in my cowboy outfit again? Yep, I have it bad since I've had the affliction since then... and it's obviously NOT hereditary.

All in all, I think I've done quite well, even though I've dealt with many horses through the years, only 5 have been actually legally mine... and I have never bought any more tack or equipment than what I can use. Yes, I've been a good girl and kept my addiction well under control... just a hair from breaking the bank!

And, yes, my horses were the clencher in whether I married Steve or not. I'd just seen 2 or 3 marriages ruined because of the woman's love of horses and the husband not the horsey type. If Steve had said the horse (Wimpy at the time) had to go or he wouldn't've married me, I'd probably be single right now or married to somebody else! Thank goodness he totally understood my addiction, and we've been happily married for almost 30 year, now.

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

sbower
Clinician

1083 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  6:02:10 PM  Show Profile Send sbower a Private Message
I haven't laughed this hard since..... well...the snowball throwing clydesdales???? Gotta love this forum! I leave for three days (mini vaca to Washington DC) and I missed out on this!

Hook, all I can say is that IMHO it is never going to work! First of all, not too many horse addicts want to kick the habit. Hmmmm....None, actually.

Secondly, once an addict, always an addict... For instance, a drug addict may get clean of drugs, but later become an alcoholic. Similarly, someone addicted to trail riding or three day eventing may break that addiction and find him/herself hooked by a reined cow horse. And if not that, maybe they'll start hoarding Fjords or even even mules (cause a mule is not a horse, right???) !!! .....Sad, but true. Quarter horse riders may change to increasingly weirder horses, such as Paints or Arabs!!

BTW, I have done some recent research on this subject and have found that no one switches into Appaloosa addiction from another breed. I suspect that Appaloosa addiction is caused by a mutant gene. Or possibly alien abduction.

Does anyone else find it ironic that the president of this DE HAA has more horses than most of us?? .... As I personally don't suffer from this so called addition I'd be happy to take Hook off his hands!

<'\__~
_(( // ====

Go to Top of Page

sbower
Clinician

1083 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  6:02:10 PM  Show Profile Send sbower a Private Message
I haven't laughed this hard since..... well...the snowball throwing clydesdales???? Gotta love this forum! I leave for three days (mini vaca to Washington DC) and I missed out on this!

Hook, all I can say is that IMHO it is never going to work! First of all, not too many horse addicts want to kick the habit. Hmmmm....None, actually.

Secondly, once an addict, always an addict... For instance, a drug addict may get clean of drugs, but later become an alcoholic. Similarly, someone addicted to trail riding or three day eventing may break that addiction and find him/herself hooked by a reined cow horse. And if not that, maybe they'll start hoarding Fjords or even even mules (cause a mule is not a horse, right???) !!! .....Sad, but true. Quarter horse riders may change to increasingly weirder horses, such as Paints or Arabs!!

BTW, I have done some recent research on this subject and have found that no one switches into Appaloosa addiction from another breed. I suspect that Appaloosa addiction is caused by a mutant gene. Or possibly alien abduction.

Does anyone else find it ironic that the president of this DE HAA has more horses than most of us?? .... As I personally don't suffer from this so called addition I'd be happy to take Hook off his hands!

<'\__~
_(( // ====

Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  6:08:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message

-Saddletramp

Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  6:08:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message

-Saddletramp

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000