Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussions
 General Information
 Owning horses IS a Lifestyle -" DE HAA"
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  05:43:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message
It's a Lifestyle thing. I am thinking of starting a new horse club called HAA ( Horse Addiction Anonymous). When ever one of us goes to buy more horses or horse stuff than we need(or can afford) we call another member who talks us out of it. If they can't talk us out of it they go with us to see if it really is a good deal. :-)

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson

Edited by - Hook on 12/30/2005 10:27:41 PM

beccajane
Trainer

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  09:33:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit beccajane's Homepage Send beccajane a Private Message
I want to be the FIRST member...but you all will being going with me to see if it's a good deal! AND then you'll have to get it too!!! LOL!
Great idea though..
Go to Top of Page

beccajane
Trainer

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  09:33:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit beccajane's Homepage Send beccajane a Private Message
I want to be the FIRST member...but you all will being going with me to see if it's a good deal! AND then you'll have to get it too!!! LOL!
Great idea though..
Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  10:04:48 AM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message
It'll never work, Hook; horse addiction can NEVER be overcome! lol I've been afflicted for 44 years!

Appygirl

Appygirl

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.
- Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader

Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  10:04:48 AM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message
It'll never work, Hook; horse addiction can NEVER be overcome! lol I've been afflicted for 44 years!

Appygirl

Appygirl

The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,

Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  10:07:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
THIS membership is offered by Hook....our own DE ENABLER! rofl <Telling OnTheWay that her one horse needs a buddy!> roflmbo See, Hook signs us up....gets us to take the pledge, learn the secret handshake, pay dues, attend meetin's, and then dangles MORE horses in front of us!! I can see it now! rofl

...and better leave the tack and equipment out of the mix, or Chuck might not be happy! hehehehe

All in good fun, Hook...but count me out...cuz I REALLY REALLY NEED a couple more horses....and LOTS more tack!! rofl ....and then a one-ton extended cab dually and bigger trailer. Just look at it as keeping the economy going...I'm trying to do MY part!! lol

-Saddletramp

"She never moved the stars from their courses,
but she loved a good man and she rode good horses"
Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  10:07:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
THIS membership is offered by Hook....our own DE ENABLER! rofl <Telling OnTheWay that her one horse needs a buddy!> roflmbo See, Hook signs us up....gets us to take the pledge, learn the secret handshake, pay dues, attend meetin's, and then dangles MORE horses in front of us!! I can see it now! rofl

...and better leave the tack and equipment out of the mix, or Chuck might not be happy! hehehehe

All in good fun, Hook...but count me out...cuz I REALLY REALLY NEED a couple more horses....and LOTS more tack!! rofl ....and then a one-ton extended cab dually and bigger trailer. Just look at it as keeping the economy going...I'm trying to do MY part!! lol

-Saddletramp

Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  11:27:27 AM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message
ROFLOL! You guys are a riot!

Hook, I hate to tell you this but there's already an association with those initials... the Hoosier Appaloosa Association, fondly known as the "Ha Ha" Appaloosa Regional.

As for my horse addiction... purchasing new things is no problem for me, since I can't afford most of it to begin with. So, I just go into tack shops and drool all over the neat, expensive stuff before going to TSC to pick up some wormers, or a brush, or some fly spray, or whatever doesn't break the bank... and in my case, it wouldn't take much!

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Red Hawk
Clinician

USA
5092 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  11:27:27 AM  Show Profile Send Red Hawk a Private Message
ROFLOL! You guys are a riot!

Hook, I hate to tell you this but there's already an association with those initials... the Hoosier Appaloosa Association, fondly known as the "Ha Ha" Appaloosa Regional.

As for my horse addiction... purchasing new things is no problem for me, since I can't afford most of it to begin with. So, I just go into tack shops and drool all over the neat, expensive stuff before going to TSC to pick up some wormers, or a brush, or some fly spray, or whatever doesn't break the bank... and in my case, it wouldn't take much!

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses"
--Robert Browning

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-- Author Unknown
Go to Top of Page

FLOOPER
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  1:03:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit FLOOPER's Homepage Send FLOOPER a Private Message
Hi, my name is Flooper, and I'm a horseaholic.

Flooper

"I'm a man. I can change. If I have to. I guess."
The Man's Prayer from the Red Green Show
Go to Top of Page

FLOOPER
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2493 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  1:03:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit FLOOPER's Homepage Send FLOOPER a Private Message
Hi, my name is Flooper, and I'm a horseaholic.

Flooper

"I'm a man. I can change. If I have to. I guess."
The Man's Prayer from the Red Green Show
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  1:11:25 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
I'm afraid HAA wouldn't work for me either. I don't think a horsey person can talk another horsey person out of wanting another horse, a new saddle, blanket, bridle, bit or anything else horse related!

Right now, I'm wrestling with reasons NOT to look for a second horse. The reasons not to far out weigh the reasons to but I still WANT another horse!

So let this be your first test, Hook. Talk me out of wanting a second horse. Give it your best shot!

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  1:11:25 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
I'm afraid HAA wouldn't work for me either. I don't think a horsey person can talk another horsey person out of wanting another horse, a new saddle, blanket, bridle, bit or anything else horse related!

Right now, I'm wrestling with reasons NOT to look for a second horse. The reasons not to far out weigh the reasons to but I still WANT another horse!

So let this be your first test, Hook. Talk me out of wanting a second horse. Give it your best shot!

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe Paint Gelding
Paoli, IN

"My treasures do not sparkle or glitter, they shine in the sun and neigh in the night."

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  2:23:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message
LOL, what a good laugh this provided. Hook, I have to agree with ST that you would be the very worst person to try to talk someone out of another horse or more tack...!!!!

I am like RH, pretty much held in check by having reached my limit on how many horses I can afford...still doesn't keep me from getting ideas sometimes though, I have to admit!

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

EZ2SPOT
Clinician

USA
3785 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  2:23:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit EZ2SPOT's Homepage Send EZ2SPOT a Private Message
LOL, what a good laugh this provided. Hook, I have to agree with ST that you would be the very worst person to try to talk someone out of another horse or more tack...!!!!

I am like RH, pretty much held in check by having reached my limit on how many horses I can afford...still doesn't keep me from getting ideas sometimes though, I have to admit!

EZ2SPOT
Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  3:03:46 PM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message
Having to board out my horse, I am limited to just having one. However, having said this, I often say that 'when I get my own place I'll buy a couple more horses.'

The best rule of thumb is to make sure you only have as many as you can comfortably care for. I'm sure that quite a few folks who have animals taken away from them because of 'abuse' (read 'malnourished, etc.') had the best of intentions when they kept adding to their fold.

Appygirl

The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,

Go to Top of Page

appygirl
Clinician

USA
3211 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  3:03:46 PM  Show Profile Send appygirl a Private Message
Having to board out my horse, I am limited to just having one. However, having said this, I often say that 'when I get my own place I'll buy a couple more horses.'

The best rule of thumb is to make sure you only have as many as you can comfortably care for. I'm sure that quite a few folks who have animals taken away from them because of 'abuse' (read 'malnourished, etc.') had the best of intentions when they kept adding to their fold.

Appygirl

The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,

Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  5:48:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
Appygirl.....isn't that called "hoarding"? I've seen the term used on different forums with cats and dogs.

I keep trying to tell myself that I won't get another until the old guy is gone....and so far it works for the most part. I still look, but with a very critical eye, and a trainer who is instructed to talk me out of every horse that I show her! rofl

-Saddletramp

Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  5:48:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
Appygirl.....isn't that called "hoarding"? I've seen the term used on different forums with cats and dogs.

I keep trying to tell myself that I won't get another until the old guy is gone....and so far it works for the most part. I still look, but with a very critical eye, and a trainer who is instructed to talk me out of every horse that I show her! rofl

-Saddletramp

Go to Top of Page

Jacobs Buddy
Advanced Rider

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  7:31:16 PM  Show Profile Send Jacobs Buddy a Private Message
He He Lol Lol ha ha Oh my side hurts. Tear in my eyes. I can't stop laughing. You guys are a riot. I too am one. I would be a member but then I would have to isolate my self from all my anabling friends.

I whisper but my horse don't listen.
Go to Top of Page

Jacobs Buddy
Advanced Rider

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  7:31:16 PM  Show Profile Send Jacobs Buddy a Private Message
He He Lol Lol ha ha Oh my side hurts. Tear in my eyes. I can't stop laughing. You guys are a riot. I too am one. I would be a member but then I would have to isolate my self from all my anabling friends.

I whisper but my horse don't listen.
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  10:25:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message
I get to be Member #1 and President of HAA until we get enough members to have a vote.

Founding Members and Honorary Vice Presidents and Directors in order of sign-up.
1. beccajane - cause she was first and we need to go together to see things, she can be Vice-President responsible for scouting out new horses & things so we will be able to council our members more effectively
2. appygirl – confirmed horse addict for 44 years, qualified to be Second- Vice President in charge of confessions
3. saddle tramp - obviously needs the services of HAA badly – Director of Acquisitions
4. Red Hawk – has her habit under control – Director of Public Relations. Now I have to call the club DE HAA
5. Flooper – has made the first step – admission of addiction – Second Director of Confessions
6. Paintgal – an immediate need here, we will have to work hard on this one – Director of Restraint. Don’t buy another horse, PLEASE. I bought a second horse to join my wife’s after we were married and now look – 9 Ύ horses in an 8 stall barn – DON’T DO IT.
7. EZ2SPOT – recovered but waivering – Director of Rehabilitation
8. jacobsbuddy – obviously under the influence of the desire for horses – Director of Recruitment – has friends that could make use of the services of DE HAA

As President I would like to assign to each of you the task of reviewing your new responsibilities and advise the club of your progress.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

"The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life. " Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

Hook
Trail Boss (Moderator)

Canada
6115 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  10:25:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hook's Homepage Send Hook a Private Message
I get to be Member #1 and President of HAA until we get enough members to have a vote.

Founding Members and Honorary Vice Presidents and Directors in order of sign-up.
1. beccajane - cause she was first and we need to go together to see things, she can be Vice-President responsible for scouting out new horses & things so we will be able to council our members more effectively
2. appygirl – confirmed horse addict for 44 years, qualified to be Second- Vice President in charge of confessions
3. saddle tramp - obviously needs the services of HAA badly – Director of Acquisitions
4. Red Hawk – has her habit under control – Director of Public Relations. Now I have to call the club DE HAA
5. Flooper – has made the first step – admission of addiction – Second Director of Confessions
6. Paintgal – an immediate need here, we will have to work hard on this one – Director of Restraint. Don’t buy another horse, PLEASE. I bought a second horse to join my wife’s after we were married and now look – 9 Ύ horses in an 8 stall barn – DON’T DO IT.
7. EZ2SPOT – recovered but waivering – Director of Rehabilitation
8. jacobsbuddy – obviously under the influence of the desire for horses – Director of Recruitment – has friends that could make use of the services of DE HAA

As President I would like to assign to each of you the task of reviewing your new responsibilities and advise the club of your progress.

Hook(ed)......on Horses

Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  10:56:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
roflmbo!!!!

-Saddletramp

Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  10:56:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
roflmbo!!!!

-Saddletramp

Go to Top of Page

beccajane
Trainer

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  12:08:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit beccajane's Homepage Send beccajane a Private Message
As Vice-President of this organization, my first duty is to find a second horse for Paintgal and take Hook with me, in case they have 2. Then we call appygirl to confess our "wrong" doing (HAA), who sends a memo to Red Hawk. From there we call saddletramp, Director of Acquisitions, to somehow find funds to purchase said horse(s). THEN, after said purchase(s), we call weekly meetings with Flooper and EZ2SPOT to prevent future purchases. Jacobsbuddy comes to the meetings, bringing more horse crazy people! WHEW!! Sounds like a full time job to me! How much does this job pay? It doesn't matter....

I happen to know this guy who has some quality horses for sale, reasonably priced, well-broke.............................

H-O-O-O-O_O-k??????????????
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000