Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Saddle and Tack Topics
 Saddle Types
 Basic saddle costs
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Leathersmith
Tenderfoot

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  3:48:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Leathersmith's Homepage Send Leathersmith a Private Message
I was just going over the saddles that Chuck offers and they seem to be a real value for the money. Most people don't know how much a saddle costs to make so I thought I would try to show some basic figures and just parts costs for a custom saddle maker. I buy Herman Oak leather and the best bullhide covered tree's that are available. Just the parts for the average saddle will cost me between $650-800 depending on the style and type of saddle. Add labor to build the saddle, tooling, silver, special seats(inlaid padded ect) and you see why you can pay $1500-2000 for a plain rigg and the sky's the limit for your dreams.

Factory saddle company's have ways of keeping costs down.Certain companys are better than others but if recomended by a professional have lots of value for the money. I write this because I just came from a roping this weekend and some of the ropers were gigging me over the high cost of custom roping saddles. They had no concept of the basic costs just to start the build.
Steve

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  4:34:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
Good info, Steve! Thanks for sharing!

-Saddletramp

"She never moved the stars from their courses,
but she loved a good man and she rode good horses"
Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  4:34:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
Good info, Steve! Thanks for sharing!

-Saddletramp

"She never moved the stars from their courses,
but she loved a good man and she rode good horses"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000