Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Saddle and Tack Topics
 Tack Questions and Comments
 My New Favorite Tack Store
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ree7
Advanced Rider

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2005 :  09:38:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit ree7's Homepage Send ree7 a Private Message
Has a great on-line store, great products, quick answer to email questions and easy check-out. My order was placed late evening and the items were shipped out the very next day. Prices were lower than what I could find locally!

Hooray Chuck and crew! My new favorite tack store is www.horsesaddleshop.com

Thank You,

Ree

Chuck
Forum Admin

USA
1265 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2005 :  10:15:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Chuck's Homepage Send Chuck a Private Message
YIPEEE!

Chuck

Horse Saddle Shop

http://www.horsesaddleshop.com
Go to Top of Page

Chuck
Forum Admin

USA
1265 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2005 :  10:15:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Chuck's Homepage Send Chuck a Private Message
YIPEEE!

Chuck

Horse Saddle Shop

http://www.horsesaddleshop.com
Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2005 :  3:16:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
YeeHaw!!!

Sooo.....tell us ree7....what did you get? Saddle? Are you gonna share pics?? lol

-Saddletramp

"She never moved the stars from their courses,
but she loved a good man and she rode good horses"
Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2005 :  3:16:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
YeeHaw!!!

Sooo.....tell us ree7....what did you get? Saddle? Are you gonna share pics?? lol

-Saddletramp

"She never moved the stars from their courses,
but she loved a good man and she rode good horses"
Go to Top of Page

ree7
Advanced Rider

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2005 :  4:22:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit ree7's Homepage Send ree7 a Private Message
Hi Saddletramp

Several years ago I purchased a used Australian saddle when I was visiting WY. I had never seen one before or since (in person) and was thrilled by how it fit my.... ah.... well... how it fit me. ;o)

Anyway, purchased it, hauled the thing home only to find that it didn't fit either horse that we had at that time, the horses were very round, mutton shouldered and the saddle would not stick.

Couple weeks ago, I hauled it out of storage and held my breath when trying it on Cody. It fit great! But mice had gotten to the (already sadly worn) cinch. In my area, I couldn't even find the two buckle type cinches.

Anyway, I check on-line and quizzed Chuck, and settled on a Australian Girth Converter which makes it possible to used a regular D ring cinch (instead of the Aussie or English two buckle design). And heck! Chuck's prices on Smart Cinches were much better than what I could find locally, so got one of those from him also.

I am one of those people who HATES shopping, so this was just a wonderful experience and I'm just thrilled at how fast I got the product.

"But wait!!! There's more!!!..... it slices! it dices!" oooops, sorry, got off on the wrong commercial script...... ;o)
Go to Top of Page

ree7
Advanced Rider

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2005 :  4:22:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit ree7's Homepage Send ree7 a Private Message
Hi Saddletramp

Several years ago I purchased a used Australian saddle when I was visiting WY. I had never seen one before or since (in person) and was thrilled by how it fit my.... ah.... well... how it fit me. ;o)

Anyway, purchased it, hauled the thing home only to find that it didn't fit either horse that we had at that time, the horses were very round, mutton shouldered and the saddle would not stick.

Couple weeks ago, I hauled it out of storage and held my breath when trying it on Cody. It fit great! But mice had gotten to the (already sadly worn) cinch. In my area, I couldn't even find the two buckle type cinches.

Anyway, I check on-line and quizzed Chuck, and settled on a Australian Girth Converter which makes it possible to used a regular D ring cinch (instead of the Aussie or English two buckle design). And heck! Chuck's prices on Smart Cinches were much better than what I could find locally, so got one of those from him also.

I am one of those people who HATES shopping, so this was just a wonderful experience and I'm just thrilled at how fast I got the product.

"But wait!!! There's more!!!..... it slices! it dices!" oooops, sorry, got off on the wrong commercial script...... ;o)
Go to Top of Page

ree7
Advanced Rider

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2005 :  3:40:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit ree7's Homepage Send ree7 a Private Message
Update:

Was finally warm enough to work out in the tack room this morn, got the converter on and the smart cinch is great! Did saddle him up, and got it all fitting well, but didn't ride. Too windy and cold for that today. Anyway, just wanted to thank you again for all the help and I would suggest the Australian Girth converter to anyone that doesn't want to mess with the double buckle set-up. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

ree7
Advanced Rider

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2005 :  3:40:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit ree7's Homepage Send ree7 a Private Message
Update:

Was finally warm enough to work out in the tack room this morn, got the converter on and the smart cinch is great! Did saddle him up, and got it all fitting well, but didn't ride. Too windy and cold for that today. Anyway, just wanted to thank you again for all the help and I would suggest the Australian Girth converter to anyone that doesn't want to mess with the double buckle set-up. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

beccajane
Trainer

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  12:05:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit beccajane's Homepage Send beccajane a Private Message
I, too, purchased Australian tack replacement parts from Chuck! I bought my saddle on E-Bay...sorry Chuck! I love the way it fits me and holds me right in place. I feel so secure in it. I wanted the bigger EZ ride stirrups but they would not fit my leathers. I searched on line and found the best deal with Chuck. I had them in no time at all. I think I ordered them on Monday and had them by the end of the week and was ready to go again the next weekend. Chuck was so helpful and I love my "new" old saddle! I also use the converter, but found I had to use a shorter girth to compensate. And now for the BIG plus....since I ordered I got the newsletter and found this wonderful forum! That's the big bonus! And I know that if I ever need anything, I can usually find it here....tack or good advice! What more could you ask for??? Thanks again!
Go to Top of Page

beccajane
Trainer

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  12:05:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit beccajane's Homepage Send beccajane a Private Message
I, too, purchased Australian tack replacement parts from Chuck! I bought my saddle on E-Bay...sorry Chuck! I love the way it fits me and holds me right in place. I feel so secure in it. I wanted the bigger EZ ride stirrups but they would not fit my leathers. I searched on line and found the best deal with Chuck. I had them in no time at all. I think I ordered them on Monday and had them by the end of the week and was ready to go again the next weekend. Chuck was so helpful and I love my "new" old saddle! I also use the converter, but found I had to use a shorter girth to compensate. And now for the BIG plus....since I ordered I got the newsletter and found this wonderful forum! That's the big bonus! And I know that if I ever need anything, I can usually find it here....tack or good advice! What more could you ask for??? Thanks again!
Go to Top of Page

ree7
Advanced Rider

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2005 :  5:42:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit ree7's Homepage Send ree7 a Private Message
beccajane: I also just recently received an aussie saddle pad from Chuck. It is great! Today the temp. was 54 degrees, so got a chance to try out all the new stuff, and I am really pleased with it all. But, with any saddle/tack set up, there is always something that needs changing or fixing and since Cody has gained weight since I bought him, now it looks like I will need to get a larger back cinch. I ended up just removing it for todays ride, and wondering if I even need one. Do you use a back cinch with your Aussie saddle?

I am so impressed with the fit and secure feeling of this Aussie saddle. It is great!
Go to Top of Page

ree7
Advanced Rider

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2005 :  5:42:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit ree7's Homepage Send ree7 a Private Message
beccajane: I also just recently received an aussie saddle pad from Chuck. It is great! Today the temp. was 54 degrees, so got a chance to try out all the new stuff, and I am really pleased with it all. But, with any saddle/tack set up, there is always something that needs changing or fixing and since Cody has gained weight since I bought him, now it looks like I will need to get a larger back cinch. I ended up just removing it for todays ride, and wondering if I even need one. Do you use a back cinch with your Aussie saddle?

I am so impressed with the fit and secure feeling of this Aussie saddle. It is great!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000