Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussions
 General Information
 riding again after disability
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

clowningfree
Tenderfoot

Australia
5 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2005 :  9:38:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit clowningfree's Homepage Send clowningfree a Private Message
Hi all,
I want to ride my horse (new to me) although I haven't ridden since my stroke.....
My horse is very quiet and an ex disabled riding horse.
Can anybody provide tips to enable me to ride her safely as possible?
Kind Regards,
Trish clowningfree

Edited by - on

sbower
Clinician

1083 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2005 :  2:00:21 PM  Show Profile Send sbower a Private Message
Do not even think of riding without a helmet! Take it slow and easy...try to have someone else present, if you can't, then keep a cell phone on your body and let someone else know where you are. I'd suggest riding in an enclosed area for the first few weeks....and wear orange...its almost hunting season.
Go to Top of Page

sbower
Clinician

1083 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2005 :  2:00:21 PM  Show Profile Send sbower a Private Message
Do not even think of riding without a helmet! Take it slow and easy...try to have someone else present, if you can't, then keep a cell phone on your body and let someone else know where you are. I'd suggest riding in an enclosed area for the first few weeks....and wear orange...its almost hunting season.
Go to Top of Page

clowningfree
Tenderfoot

Australia
5 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2005 :  5:34:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit clowningfree's Homepage Send clowningfree a Private Message
Hi sbower,
I'm in Australia I would never ride without a helmet I'm even telling my 4 year old who only sits there 5 minutes no helmet no getting up on casper. I always leave my husband notes and for the first month we have made a deal he must be home he finishes at 3pm he is worried about me falling so he wants to lead me for awhile he did not like horses but he has already cuddling casper so that's a good sign.
king Regards,
clowningfree- pat n casper
Go to Top of Page

clowningfree
Tenderfoot

Australia
5 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2005 :  5:34:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit clowningfree's Homepage Send clowningfree a Private Message
Hi sbower,
I'm in Australia I would never ride without a helmet I'm even telling my 4 year old who only sits there 5 minutes no helmet no getting up on casper. I always leave my husband notes and for the first month we have made a deal he must be home he finishes at 3pm he is worried about me falling so he wants to lead me for awhile he did not like horses but he has already cuddling casper so that's a good sign.
king Regards,
clowningfree- pat n casper
Go to Top of Page

galadriel
Beginning Rider

53 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2005 :  08:15:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit galadriel's Homepage Send galadriel a Private Message
Would you be interested in discussing the physical effects of the stroke? That would make a difference to what kind of advice you might get.
Go to Top of Page

galadriel
Beginning Rider

53 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2005 :  08:15:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit galadriel's Homepage Send galadriel a Private Message
Would you be interested in discussing the physical effects of the stroke? That would make a difference to what kind of advice you might get.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000