Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Saddle and Tack Topics
 Saddle Types
 Horn or No Horn
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Buckskinpony
Tenderfoot

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  10:22:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Buckskinpony's Homepage Send Buckskinpony a Private Message
I'm in the market for a saddle for the gelding I just bought. lately I've been hearing about injuries related to saddle horn and rider impacts. Riders getting hung up on them (belts, bras) bruised abdomens where riders have come down on them. One fatality where a horse flipped and the rider was impaled by the horn.
If I wanted a saddle for trail riding that didn't have a horn, and was light weight, what would be a good choice brand wise?

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2005 :  07:49:49 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
I have a Tucker Trail Endurance. I like the saddle but have had to be creative in order to hang all my stuff....water bottles, lead rope, fly whisk....

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe 6 y/o Paint
Paoli, IN USA

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2005 :  07:49:49 AM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
I have a Tucker Trail Endurance. I like the saddle but have had to be creative in order to hang all my stuff....water bottles, lead rope, fly whisk....

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe 6 y/o Paint
Paoli, IN USA

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Chuck
Forum Admin

USA
1265 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2005 :  08:15:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Chuck's Homepage Send Chuck a Private Message
If your main concern was a good lightweight saddle, I would recommend the Tex Tan Flex saddle. A little more $ would get a Tucker which does weigh a bit more, but has a little more care in its production. We have our endurance saddles listed at http://www.horsesaddleshop.com/ensad.html

Chuck

Horse Saddle Shop

http://www.horsesaddleshop.com
Go to Top of Page

Chuck
Forum Admin

USA
1265 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2005 :  08:15:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Chuck's Homepage Send Chuck a Private Message
If your main concern was a good lightweight saddle, I would recommend the Tex Tan Flex saddle. A little more $ would get a Tucker which does weigh a bit more, but has a little more care in its production. We have our endurance saddles listed at http://www.horsesaddleshop.com/ensad.html

Chuck

Horse Saddle Shop

http://www.horsesaddleshop.com
Go to Top of Page

hmeyer
Clinician

USA
2194 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2005 :  4:29:49 PM  Show Profile Send hmeyer a Private Message
This subject line reminds me of a story I heard.
There was this blond who was going for her first riding lesson.
The instructor asked her if she wanted to ride English or Western.
She said, "Well, I really don't know the difference."
The instructor said, "The Western saddle has a horn and the English saddle doesn't."
"Oh, then the one without the horn," she said, "I really don't think there'll be much traffic where we're going."

(No offense, I was a blond too, before most of it fell out.)

Edited by - hmeyer on 09/21/2005 4:31:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

hmeyer
Clinician

USA
2194 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2005 :  4:29:49 PM  Show Profile Send hmeyer a Private Message
This subject line reminds me of a story I heard.
There was this blond who was going for her first riding lesson.
The instructor asked her if she wanted to ride English or Western.
She said, "Well, I really don't know the difference."
The instructor said, "The Western saddle has a horn and the English saddle doesn't."
"Oh, then the one without the horn," she said, "I really don't think there'll be much traffic where we're going."

(No offense, I was a blond too, before most of it fell out.)

Edited by - hmeyer on 09/21/2005 4:31:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

fracturedbones
Clinician

3424 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  12:56:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit fracturedbones's Homepage Send fracturedbones a Private Message
LOL!! finally getting root therapy "touch up" today for my Clinton weekend.......think he'll notice???? (Blonde question....)
Go to Top of Page

fracturedbones
Clinician

3424 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  12:56:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit fracturedbones's Homepage Send fracturedbones a Private Message
LOL!! finally getting root therapy "touch up" today for my Clinton weekend.......think he'll notice???? (Blonde question....)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000