Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Saddle and Tack Topics
 Saddle Types
 Shipping to Canada
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Phoodforhorses
Beginning Rider

Canada
83 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  2:36:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Phoodforhorses's Homepage Send Phoodforhorses a Private Message
Hi Chuck,

I'm new to the forum and want to buy a horse next spring. I already have an English saddle but everyone out here in rural Alberta, Canada rides western. I know my old saddle probably won't fit anyway because it was custom-fitted to my old QH.

Do you ship saddles to Canada? If so, do you know whether Canada Customs has charged your clients here extra taxes? I recently bought 2 books on eBay and the seller marked down that they were worth $40 on the package (even though I only paid $18) and I had to pay an extra $8 US before the post office would give them to me . Can I expect the same to happen if I were to buy a saddle from you?

Thanks for the info!

Chuck
Forum Admin

USA
1265 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2005 :  2:48:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chuck's Homepage Send Chuck a Private Message
We use UPS as our shipping provider. I know that you will be responsible for the local tax rate when you receive the saddle. This would be the same rate as if you went in a store and bought the saddle - most places are around 17%. There may be a few document preparation fees but they would be nominal. We fill out NAFTA forms so there should not be additional customs fees. We haven't had complaints from our friendly norhtern neighbors about being hit with large unexpected fees, so you should be alright.

Chuck

Horse Saddle Shop

http://www.horsesaddleshop.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000