Daily Equine Forum Visit Horse Saddle Shop Read Horse Saddle Shops Blog Horse Saddle Shop Twitter Horse Saddle Shop Facebook Image Map
Daily Equine Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics |Recent Messages | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Saddle and Tack Topics
 Fitting Your Saddle to You
 Tucker saddles
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sherryb
Tenderfoot

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2005 :  9:43:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit sherryb's Homepage Send sherryb a Private Message
The Tucker saddles have appealed to me, however everytime I see a picture of onethat is used, it looks like a flattened old shoe.
Do they not hold up well, or is there another reason they look like that? I don't mind investing my good money in a good saddle that will give me good service, but, well you know.

Almost heaven...

fracturedbones
Clinician

3424 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2005 :  1:10:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit fracturedbones's Homepage Send fracturedbones a Private Message
Paint Gal....I think this one is yours...don't you use a Tucker??
Go to Top of Page

fracturedbones
Clinician

3424 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2005 :  1:10:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit fracturedbones's Homepage Send fracturedbones a Private Message
Paint Gal....I think this one is yours...don't you use a Tucker??
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2005 :  10:09:20 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
Yep! I ride in a Tucker and love it. Mine was almost new when I got it and I've put a lot of miles on mine and it's showing some normal wear but is holding up just fine.

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe 6 y/o Paint
Paoli, IN USA

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

PaintGal
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
5300 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2005 :  10:09:20 PM  Show Profile Send PaintGal a Private Message
Yep! I ride in a Tucker and love it. Mine was almost new when I got it and I've put a lot of miles on mine and it's showing some normal wear but is holding up just fine.

Karen ~ Trails
&
Joe 6 y/o Paint
Paoli, IN USA

~~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2005 :  11:25:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
And I can attest to the fact that PG's saddle does NOT look like a flattened old shoe!

I sat in a Tucker at the DE ride, and while it was comfie and nice, it didn't seem to fit me as well as my Circle Y....and I have a hard time getting past those honkin' big shiny brass rings and screws! Do they look "industrial" to anyone else? Functional, yes, I'm sure.

-Saddletramp

"She never moved the stars from their courses,
but she loved a good man and she rode good horses"

~~~~~~

When you work here, you can name your own salary. I named mine, "Louie".

~~~~~~

Go to Top of Page

Saddletramp
Trail Boss (Moderator)

USA
2546 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2005 :  11:25:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Saddletramp's Homepage Send Saddletramp a Private Message
And I can attest to the fact that PG's saddle does NOT look like a flattened old shoe!

I sat in a Tucker at the DE ride, and while it was comfie and nice, it didn't seem to fit me as well as my Circle Y....and I have a hard time getting past those honkin' big shiny brass rings and screws! Do they look "industrial" to anyone else? Functional, yes, I'm sure.

-Saddletramp

"She never moved the stars from their courses,
but she loved a good man and she rode good horses"

~~~~~~

When you work here, you can name your own salary. I named mine, "Louie".

~~~~~~

Go to Top of Page

Buckskinpony
Tenderfoot

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2005 :  3:52:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Buckskinpony's Homepage Send Buckskinpony a Private Message
I just, today in fact, traded-in an almost new Tucker High Plains for a new Circle Y. It isn't that I didn't like the Tucker, but the 5 in cantle was just a little to high. However, the gel cush seat on the Tuckers is to die for! I think the leather they use is pretty soft so that may account for the flattened look.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Daily Equine Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000